Chapter 3

Draco POV

I took his outstretched hand and shook it. I knew he was about to ask me why I was in here, and I was ready to tell... someone. So what if it was Harry? From the look of pure shock I saw on his face when he came in the door, how he said he didn't want to hurt me, he might listen. He might.

"Draco? Are you ok?"

"I'm... not sure. I'm stressed, what with N.E.W.Ts next year, and the Dark Lord's task..."

I clapped my hand over my mouth. I did not just say that. I did not just say that.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. You don't have to talk about it of you don't want to. But if you think getting it off your chest will help, I'm all ears."

"You'd listen? To what I'd have to say?"

"Of course. What are friends for?"

Friends. I have a friend. A proper friend, one that could talk to about anything. I mean, sure, I have Crabbe and Goyle, but they are more like followers than friends. Pansy is annoying, she is always trying to get me to go on a date with her.

"Draco? You alright? I kinda lost you for a minute there."

"Yeah, it's just, we're friends."

I could tell he had thought he'd done something wrong.

"Don't worry Harry, it's a good thing."

He relaxed.

"It's just, I dont really do 'friends'. I mean, sure I have Crabbe and Goyle, but they are more like followers. And Pansy is always hanging off my arm, trying to get me to go out with her."

"I'd say it's fairly obvious you don't want to go. And what about Blaise?"

"Like you said about Neville and Luna, Blasie is a true friend. He has been at my side since I was little, and I at his. I tell him everything. Well, nearly everything. It was his birthday in November, and he went through his creature inheritance. He's been busy trying to find his mate, and not spending as much time with me whilst doing it."

"That's understandable, but you have me now. I'm a good listener. You can tell me anything you didn't get he chance to tell Blaise."

I look up at him. He's serious. He'd listen  to all my problems volenterily? He could see I was thinking, so he said something along the lines of 'if you don't want to talk, or if you dont feel comfortable, that's ok.'

"I do want to talk. I want to get everything off my chest."

He gives an encouraging smile.

"Well, first off, you must understand something. Most of what you hear about the 'dark' side is untrue. Yes, we dislike muggleborns, but not because of blood supremacy. Because they bring in muggle traditions and try to replace our own. Because I know, you have never once celebrated Yule. It's Christmas. And we do hate the light side. Not just because they oppose our ideas and wizarding traditions, but because they try to ban branches of magic, most notably dark and grey. They also try to take away the rights of creatures - I know at the moment Dumbledick is trying to get a ban passed on creatures having children. This includes werewolves."

"Remus..."

"Exactly. So the dark isn't as dark as you may think."

A/N - boo

Poor Remy :'(

I was bored, so instead of doing schoolwork I did this!

See ya