Chapter 7

!WARNING! Homophobic language! It did pain me to write it D:

3rd person POV

As Harry walked along the corridor towards Gryffindor tower, he heard someone shouting behind him.

"And don't come back! Yeah, that's right, go back to your slippery snake pit, and take a different route to the Owlery next time!" Harry heard a very distinctive voice yell. Ron. Harry walked back around the corner to see Draco running down the corridor, letter in hand.

Ron turned around to see Harry standing there.

"Harry! That was Malfoy, cheeky bastard thought it would be a good idea to take a shortcut to the Owlery across Gryffindor territory!" Ron said, laughing. "Anyway, mate, where were you off to?"

Harry had to think quick. He didn't have his bag on him...

"I left my bag in the library, I was going to get it. Saying that, I'd better go and grab it."

"Alright, if you need me I'll be in the common room." Ron said, eyeing Harry suspiciously. "Also, Harry,"

"Yes, Ron?"

"There are rumours going round the school that you're gay. Are they true?"

"No..."

"Good, I wouldn't want to be seen around a fagg*t." Ron said with disgust.

Harry looked at him if he had murdered someone, which was probably better than what he just said.

"How could you say that?!"

"It's true, homosexuality is immoral, and all homosexuals deserve to die."

"And what about bisexuals, do they deserve to die?"

Ron looked at him, confused. "Are they part of the LGBTQ+ community?"

Harry nodded.

"Then yes."

"So you want your best friend to die?"

"Well no of course I don't want you to die... WAIT."

Harry gave him a knowing look.

"GET AWAY FROM ME! I'M GONNA GET GAY! I'M GONNA GET GAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!" Ron yelled while running away.

'That's sorted that out.' Harry thought to himself.

●♡●

The next day at breakfast, Harry was getting a lot of weird looks from some of the Gryffindors. He looked over to Ron, who had a smug look on his face. Walking over the twins, and Ginny, at the Gryffindor table, he heard someone yell.

"FAGG*T!"

Everyone looked towards Harry, who put his head in his hands. 'Rumours do spread fast', he thought.

Dean and Seamus, who where sitting a little further into the table, close to Ron and Hermione, stood up at that, holding hands.

"AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?" Seamus yelled across the table. The person who had spoken looked to Ron for advice. The said ginger stood up.

"IT IS DIRTY, DISGUSTING AND IMMORAL!" He shouted across the table.

Seamus and Dean looked quite taken aback, they were clearly expecting their 'friend' to be more supportive. Then, Neville stood up.

"But why? Why is loving another person so wrong? I'm gay, and I thought I had made it fairly obvious to my friends. I thought you were my friend, Ronald. But now I see you are just a backstabbing, lying, homophobic little git. You are no friend of mine."

"Nor mine!" said Dean and Seamus together. They looked at each other, with a loving smile on each of their faces. Seamus then got up on a bench.

"I, SEAMUS FINNEGAN, AM DATING AND IN LOVE WITH DEAN THOMAS."

Dean got up on the bench next to him. "AND I, DEAN THOMAS, AM DATING AND IN LOVE WITH SEAMUS FINNEGAN. AND I AM PROUD TO BE WHO I AM."

Many cheers could be heard from the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables as the two boys stood happily on the bench kissing. Neville was standing next to them clapping and cheering as loud as he could. Harry, Ginny and the twins were standing at the end of the Gryffindor table. Harry and Ginny were clapping, and Fred and George were wolf-whistling. Ron and Hermione were looking defeated.

The Slytherin table had mixed reactions. Some, like Draco and Pansy, were just sitting there looking blank, but cheering inside their head. Others, however, were looking angry. These were clearly the purebloods that had been raised to think that homosexuality is wrong. Only one boy was not joining in with the mixed emotions of the group.

Blaise Zabini was sitting at the end of a bench, smiling his heart out. He was looking at Neville, who was looking happier than ever at the fact that he and two of his best friends had come out. There was only one thought going through his mind.

'Mate mate mate mate mate'

A/N - LET'S ALL GO KILL RON!

Actually, let's not do that, he's kind of important.

It pained me so much to write that chapter, fuck you ronald (he doesn't deserve a capital letter on his name)

And I didn't forget about your promised Bleville, who could?

I might sleep now, hope you enjoyed (or didn't idc as long as you read it (: )

See ya ♡