Chapter 13

Excuse any mistakes!

Sincerè Wright

"Sit still.." I tried to focus on stitching up his knuckles. I had just finished stitching up his knife wound with a bootleg needle and thread.

"You going to slow, we got somewhere to be." Deontaè groaned.

"Keep rushin me nigga." I put all my attention on the deep gash across his knuckles.

"Try him.."

"What the fuck?" I stopped what I was doing and looked up at Deontaè who's eyes were dilated.

"Like I said."

I went back to closing his wound, I tried to focus but ended up laughing.

"Deontaè quit playin-"

"It's Draco."

I backed up away from him and walked out the bathroom. I speed up and made my way downstairs.

"Why you speed walkin?" Hakeem gave me a weird look.

"Fuck is wrong with Deontaè? He on some poltergeist shit." I shook my head as I heard movement from upstairs.

"What you mean?" Ace played dumb.

"What the hell happened while y'all was gone?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"He's going through one of his episodes.." Kory walked into the living area, joining the conversation.

"Episodes?" My eyes widened.

"Fuck y'all had me up there with him alone for?" I joked but quickly shit up with the looks the boys gave me.

"He has Dissociative identity disorder." Ace shared with me.

"Draco is literally his alter ego.or other personality. After his little sister-" Kory stopped Ace from continuing.

"That's not for us to tell." Kory warned Ace.

"Wait so how do we help him then?" I wondered.

"There's nothing we can really do but let him know we here for him. He has certain triggers so he can switch up out of no where." Treyvion added.

"It's easy to tell when he "switches" he let's himself be known as Draco. Yeah when D is his normal self he hates being called Deontaè too but this is different." Kory went on.

"D gets very aggressive or oddly calm at times when you call him Deontaè. His eyes become dilated-" Ace was cut off.

"What we talkin about?" Deontaè or should I say Draco asked. I wasn't sure who it was yet until he got closer to me. His eyes were back to normal.

"These girl scouts that tried to charge us fifty dollars for three boxes of cookies." Ariana saved us.

"Fifty slugs!?" The twins raised their voices at the same time. I rolled my eyes at them. At least act like you knew what we talkin about.

"Deadass?" Deontaè asked as he sat next to me.

I didn't know if I should be scared or sad. Deontaè was going through something serious, I knew he was hiding something behind those pretty dark brown eyes.

"Is he dead?" I turned towards Deontaè, trying to not think about what they just told me. I would definitely be asking him about this later on.

Deontae just nodded his head as he focused on his phone.

*
*
*
Later That Day

Deontaè seemed to snap out of it. We wanted to still enjoy our next four days in Malibu.