Chapter 28

Excuse any mistakes!

Sinceré Wright

The girls watched the twins as I walked away from them.

I was confused, what did this random lady and man want from me?

They both seemed nervous but as I looked at the women she kind of resembled me.

She can't be...

"We're your birth parents.." The lady said.

"For real?" I couldn't believe it. I planned on looking for my birth parents soon but I never expected to find them so soon.

They nodded. "I know you may have some resentment or maybe you don't even want anything to do with us-" She started but I cut her off when I pulled them into a hug.

I held no hate for them at all, I knew I was adopted but my parents never confirmed it until they send those hate messages.

Her frown turned upside down, the more I look at her the more I see the resemblance.

We pulled apart so I could hug my father too. He cried like a baby, he was tall as shit, he had to be 6'4 or somewhere around there.

He looked mean but when he smiled he looked like a whole new person.

They had to be no older than 40 years old.

"Me and my boyfriend-"

"Who the hell is these people." Deontaé walked up from behind me.

I hit the side of his arm, warning him.

"This is my boyfriend Deontaé, Deontaé these are my birth parents."

"Mama's stop playing..." He side-eyed me.

"Nice to meet you, young man." My father held out his hand but Deontaé just looked at it.

I was on the verge of slapping him upside his head.

"What you don't want a handshake? Would you prefer a hug or something?" My father asked.

"Oh, my bad, where I'm from putting your hand out like that is a threat." Deontaé shook his hand.

"Oh no son, I just have arthritis, I don't mean no harm." Deontaé hugged my mother instead.

"We're having a housewarming party in the new crib soon, y'all should come by." Deontaé suggested.

"We would love that."

*
*
*
A Few Days Later

These past few days have been good. I've been in contact with my biological parents and my grandmother, even though we're not blood I still have love for her.

As far as the twins, we squashed things but our relationship may never be the same.

Same with Deontaé,  his father and grandfather. They cool but I don't think they'll be as close as they used to.

Me and Deontaé got out the car, about to head into KFC because I damn sure wasn't about to cook for this housewarming party.

I didn't feel like it.

"Say, stop taking pictures of me." He leaned down and tied his shoes.

"Boo quit playing, you know you like all this attention you getting." I sucked my teeth.

"No I'm not, lil mama's fucked up my shit." Lil mamas was his nickname for Noelle, lil mans was Nizears nickname.

Noelle was stuck to Deontaé like glue. This morning Noelle was fussy, she didn't stop crying until he played with her. They played until he sweated out his braids.