ILY (09/15/2020)

AW: this deals with drug addiction

y/n was sliding down a slippery slope. Her lifestyle and name slipping between her fingers. Y.n had been struggling with an addiction to Vicodin. It all began when she was shot in the middle of a crossfire during a bank robbing. Y.n was a bank teller, she truly loved the job, but once she was shot in her knee her life would take a drastic shift.

She had to get her tibia (part of the knee) surgically reconstructed. The recovery time would take a few months, but the surgery was successful, so y/n and her family were ever so hopeful. But the pain after the surgery, left y/n sobbing. She tried to limit her prescribed Vicodin, but then she got hooked.

For the first few months y/n was able to keep her addiction a secret. Every doctor's visit she would lie and say that the pain was still unbearable so that she could receive another refill. Until that stopped.

y/n was desperate for her next high, just something to help her feel, nothing. Once her doctor finally stopped prescribing her the medicine, y/n had to improvise. She stayed up many nights, just searching online where and how she could find her next dealer.

y/n uses to be an innocent girl, the one who was scared to even jaywalk. She liked that though, she knew no one would suspect her of doing this, she almost felt proud of what she had become.

Eventually y/n found a dealer through some post on craigslist, she knew it was a bit sketchy, but she was desperate. She read on the ad that there were 'drops' every third friday of each month. She would do anything for her Vicodin pills, no matter the price. She reached out with the number given on the craigslist ad, and was planning to meet the dealer in a week and two days.

The time flew by quickly, y/n was now back at work, she was just not allowed to lift anything heavy. She had been acting a bit different, more on the edge and always waiting for her next chance to feel the high. When the day arrived for her to meet her dealer, she was all set to meet him at a local park at 9pm sharp. She was there of course, early actually, that was just the person she was.

The deal had gone through smoothly, it wasn't longer than a minute. y/n had received the Vicodin, then made her way back home. That's when she had a problem.

When y/n got to her door, she noticed it was already unlocked. She proceeded to enter, only to be surprised by her mother, Allison, standing dead center of the hall holding all of the empty bottles of Vicodin.

"Mom I can explain" y/n was pathetically trying to cover up the dirty truth.

"y/n why didn't you ask for help. I am always here for you, you are my world."

"I, well, I couldn't, I'm sorry" y/n began to break down, she leaned into her mother's arms, feeling at peace. She no longer had to hide any big secret. They both swayed there in silence as y/n's mom tried to find her next words.

"y/n we are going to get you help, you sister and brother will be with you every step of the way, let's look online and see if there are any Narcotic anonymous meetings, near us, and we can go tomorrow. How does that sound?"

"Mom, I-, I'll go but, I already know that this is going to be hard."

"I know sweetie, I know"

y/n decided to not tell her mother about where she was that night, and kept her last bottle of Vicodin a secret. Allison decided to spend the night in the guest bedroom so that they would leave bright and early to hopefully find a NA meeting.

Lucky Allison found a NA meeting that began at 9:30 at a nearby community center. y/n and her mom had a small breakfast, eating in silence then they were out the door by 9am. Allison tried to make conversation and to seem encouraging, and to reassure y/n that everything will be ok. When Allison parked the car right by the entrance, she was not quite sure what to do.