Chapter 5

Leila's POV:

Potions went by rather quickly, though Snape did pick on me along with Harry Potter. I learned to ignore it, and tried answering his questions the best I could.

As I was leaving potions, I walked next to Ron in hopes of pissing my brother off further. Turns out, this worked and Draco shoved past me on our way up from the dungeons.

When I reached the main part of the castle, I realized I had a free period. I decided to take this time and explore the castle a little more.

As I walked through unfamiliar halls, I heard a familiar voice...one I didn't expect to hear inside the walls of Hogwarts. "Honestly, Dumbledore, she's bringing shame to the entire family name," my father's voice echoed in the empty hallway. "Lucius the hat does not make mistakes," Dumbledore's voice followed. "Dumbledore I will pay you whatever the cost is to get her into Slytherin," my father pleaded.

I stood in the middle of the hallway, listening, and they turned the corner to face me. Dumbledore realized me first, and stopped walking. My father, on the other hand, did not realize.

"She belongs in Slytherin. My daughter is a Malfoy, and she-" my father began, but was cut off as soon as he looked up and saw me standing there awkwardly.

"Leila," my father said with guilt written all over his face. He began moving towards me, but I backed away from him as tears leaked out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

I sprinted down the nearest set of stairs and flung myself behind the closest door. Luckily for me, it was a bathroom, and I locked myself inside a stall. "Leila," my father called out from the hallway, but it seems that he didn't see me run into the bathroom.

After taking a breath of relief, I allowed myself to cry silently in the bathroom stall.

Fred's POV:

I heard shouting from down the hall. When I peeked around the corner, I saw Dumbledore and Mr Malfoy in an argument about Leila being sorted into Ravenclaw, not Slytherin.

Suddenly, Mr Malfoy left Dumbledore and chased after someone. "Mr Weasley you can come out now," Dumbledore said, staring directly at me.

I walked sheepishly around the corner and revealed myself. "Down that staircase you'll find Leila hiding inside a boy's bathroom...no doubt upset about the conversation she just overheard. Do your best to calm her down, and then bring her to my office," Dumbledore ordered.

I nodded my head, not at all fazed at how he knew exactly where she was...the man knew everything.

Leila's POV:

"Hey Leila...I know you're in here," Fred's voice rang in the bathroom. "I'm coming in, but to be fair...this is a guy's bathroom," he added.

I sat up on the toilet and watched Fred's feet reach the outside of the stall I was in. "I'm so sorry Leila," he whispered. He reached his hand over the stall, and I grabbed it with my own.

As I held his hand, he rubbed his thumb in circles, calming me down. "He said I was bringing shame to the family name," I whispered, hardly believing the words as I said them.

"You know that's not true," Fred replied, squeezing my hand even tighter.

It took a few more moments to stop the tears, but when I did, I opened the stall door and hugged Fred tightly. "Come on lets go talk to Dumbledore," Fred suggested. I nodded, and rubbed my tear soaked face with my free hand...the other was still in Fred's, holding on tightly.