Chapter 6

Leila's POV:

As Fred walked me to Dumbledore's office, George joined us without asking why I was crying.  He simply pat me on the shoulder and walked with me.  

When we did reach Dumbledore's office, Fred and George waited outside.  "Come in, Leila," Dumbledore's voice spoke just before I knocked on the giant wooden door.  I hesitated for a moment, and looked around the office before stepping in any further.  

"Do not worry...I sent your father home," he said, noticing my hesitation.  I took a breath of relief.  "He was here because I'm not in Slytherin.  Who even told him, Professor?" I asked as I sat in a chair on the other side of the desk.  "Your father is a Hogwarts Governor...he knew as soon as you were sorted," Dumbledore said calmly.  I nodded, forgetting that dad was in charge of persuading other governors to vote his way. 

"Leila, I need you to know that the hat makes no mistakes.  You belong in Ravenclaw, and your father is wrong for thinking it brings shame to your family name to not have been sorted into Slytherin," Dumbledore explained.  I nodded again, unsure of what to say. 

"He hates me," I muttered to myself more than to Dumbledore.  "No, Leila he does not hate you.  I have known your father since he went to Hogwarts himself.  Family is the most important thing to him, and I know he could never hate you," Dumbledore replied with a kind smile.  I smiled back, knowing he was probably right. 

"Why couldn't he just write a letter to you instead?  Why was he here?" I asked Dumbledore.  "Your father is a very persistent man.  Apparently, my letter to him and your mother was not good enough...he wanted to deal with this matter in person," he answered.   

"Is there anything else you wish to discuss?" Dumbledore asked me. I nodded my head 'no', thanked him, and left his office feeling much better than before. 

*A week later* 

A whole week has gone by, and I'm finally getting into a good routine.  I feel much better about being sorted into Ravenclaw than I did a week ago...in fact, I'm proud to be a Ravenclaw. 

Luna, Cho, and I hang out all the time now, Fred and George always have at least one meal with me, and my classes are going really well.

The only thing that is not super great is my relationship with Draco.  Every time he sees me with one of my friends he throws us the nastiest looks.  

As the weeks went on and the days grew colder, my life at Hogwarts only got better...and yes, I mean I found the love of my life...well, not actually (I mean, I'm only eleven)...but Cedric Diggory is the cutest boy at school.  He helps me carry my books, and with homework...and he treats me like a young adult, not some kid. 

*Several months later* May, 1992

So, my first year at Hogwarts is officially over.  Harry Potter, aka, the Boy Who Lived, has escaped the Dark Lord once again...only this time, he was living off of our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Quirrell. 

Cho, Luna and I are still very close, and I can't wait to hang out with them summer.  As for Fred and George, they're always by my side as well...though I'm not sure if my dad will allow me to go see them this summer.  

Speaking of my dad...he wound up apologizing for saying what he did about being in Ravenclaw, and everything is good now.  As for Draco and I...as soon as dad apologized, he started talking to me again.  I suppose they were in contact this entire year, leaving me out once again. 

Although I'm excited to be back home to see Mum and Dad, I am going to miss Hogwarts like crazy...and I can't wait to go back next year. 

Author's Note: Hey guys, so I know we did quite a time jump, but I just wanted to let you know that you should expect that from now on.  I will be writing a lot more events for Leila's older years in Hogwarts, but her first year was more of an introduction for you guys to see how she's treated at school as well as within her family.  If there are any more time jumps like this (which there will be, I will surely make sure it is noted so there is no confusion!). Hope you like it so far!