Chapter 8

Leila's POV:

My second year at Hogwarts started, and I have never been more excited to go back to school.  My dad kept his word and I was grounded until we reached Platform 9 and 3/4. 

"Have a good school year," my mom said as she hugged me goodbye.  My father, still fuming at me for being friends with the Weasleys, didn't acknowledge me.  "Bye dad," I muttered, not waiting for a response from him as I boarded the train. 

When we reached Hogwarts, I groaned when I realized Harry Potter had made it.  Dobby hadn't done his job.  Harry Potter was here...and my father's plans were still going to be carried out. 

"Leila we are so sorry," Fred and George said as they walked up to me in the Great Hall.  "It's alright," I said as they sat down next to me.  "You were grounded?" Fred asked as I ate.  "Yea right up until I was dropped off at the train...that's why I haven't written to you," I explained and I watched their faces drop.  "We're so sorry," George muttered.  "It's alright guys...really.  I kindof liked the red hair anyways," I laughed. 

*A few months into year 2*

Not surprisingly, after Draco and I returned to Hogwarts, we ignored each other as usual.  He was a dick to me...and that's not someone I want to be around. 

As for my father's plan...there have been attacks that I can almost definitely link to him.  Muggle-born students are being petrified...but I don't know how. 

One morning, I was hanging out with Fred and George, and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team before they had practice. 

"Where do you think you're going Flint?" Oliver Wood asked.  The entire Gryffindor team stood to face the arrival of the Slytherin Quidditch Team. 

"Quidditch practice," Flint snapped.  "I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today," Wood snapped back.  "Easy, Wood.  I've got a note," Flint replied, taking out a piece of parchment.  He handed it to Oliver. 

"I, Professor Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker," Oliver read.  "You've got a new Seeker.  Who?" Fred asked when Oliver finished reading the note. 

The Slytherin team parted to reveal none other than my brother.  "Draco!" I snapped.  "That's right sis...and that's not all that's new this year," he snapped back.  

The team revealed that they all had brand new broomsticks.  "A gift from Draco's father," Marcus Flint informed.  "You see Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best," Draco snapped. 

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in.  They got it on pure talent," Hermione chimed in, causing Draco to fluster.  "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood," Draco said, causing the entire Gryffindor team to gasp. 

I, on the other hand, didn't gasp.  I charged at my brother and tackled him onto the ground.  I was able to position myself onto him so that he couldn't get up.  

I pinned my brother's arms onto the ground and looked down at him.  "Get off me!" Draco screamed.  "I will...once you apologize to Hermione.  Or I'll simply..." I started, and opened my mouth to reveal that I would most definitely spit on Draco's face if he didn't apologize.  

Draco took a second to consider this option, and then continued trying to get up.  "Have it your way then," I said, spitting onto Draco's face.  "Bitch," he muttered as I got up off of him.  

I ignored his remarks, and was proud of myself for being able to embarrass him in front of everyone.  "I'm sorry Hermione," I said as we all walked away.  "Sorry?  That was badass..thank you," she laughed.  "I mean...for my brother," I said sheepishly.  "You're not your brother, Leila," Harry chimed in.  "Yea you're ten million times better, than him" Ron added.  I smiled and continued walking away with them despite my brother's shouts for me to come back and face him. 

*April of year 2*

Since the spitting incident with my brother, he has chosen to not ignore me...which, trust me, is ten times worse than being ignored. 

He's made my life a living hell.  Constantly trying to hex me or "accidentally" set my homework on fire. 

I've done my best to ignore it, but it's difficult to when he's always around. 

"Hey Leila!" someone shouted as I walked around outside with Fred and George.  I turned to see Cedric strolling up to us.  "Can I steal her for a second?" Cedric asked Fred and George who both nodded.  

"What's up Ced?" I asked as we walked back towards the castle. "Well I was wondering if maybe you'd like to come study with me sometime...in the library," he added with a smile.  "Yea...I'd love that," I replied.  My heart was in my throat as he continued talking to me....god he was just so perfect.  His jaw could easily cut paper...and his glistening eyes always seemed to find mine. 

"So I'll see you around...maybe come sit with me at dinner tonight?" I said with a blush slowly creeping onto my cheeks.  "Definitely," he replied, bringing me close to him for a hug. 

As I hugged him, I noted the cinnamon scent that seemed to surround him at all times.  It wasn't too strong of a scent...but it was always there. 

Right before our hug broke...I heard him.  "OI! Get your hands off her Diggory!" Draco's voice shouted.  I broke our hug, and turned to find my brother marching up to us.  

Although we were two years younger than Cedric, my brother was quickly catching up to him height wise, and began sizing him up.  "Draco enough!" I screamed, pushing him away as hard as I could.  

Draco stumbled for a moment, then cursed me out.  "How dare you! You're not my sister...you're just a bitch.  Don't think about coming home this summer after I tell father what you've been doing," Draco shouted as he motioned to Cedric. 

I fought back tears as he yelled and then stormed off. "Leila are you alright?" Cedric asked, putting an arm around me.  

A few tears leaked out, but I was able to hold the rest in until I got to my dorm. 

The next day I spent hiding in the library with Hermione, hiding from my brother.  "Oh my god," Hermione muttered as she flipped through a book she had just pulled off the nearest shelf.  "Leila look at the table and do not look up.  Do you have a mirror?" she asked as she forced my head down onto the table.  "Yes," I replied, digging through my bag that was on the floor.  "Hermione what's all this about?" I asked as I found my handheld mirror.  "The monster...in the chamber...it's a snake...it will petrify you if you look at it through a reflection.  It will kill you if you look directly at it," she explained as I gave her my mirror.  She looked up and stared into the mirror.  "We've got to go tell Dumbledore," I said, quickly getting up from the table. 

We exited the library and looked only in the mirror as we walked.  As we turned the last corner to get to Dumbledore's office, I saw a pair of huge yellow eyes.  

Everything went black.