Chapter 14

Leila's POV:

"Sorry to interrupt ladies, but Dumbledore needs you Leila," Draco said as he snagged a piece of toast from my plate and ate it. I rolled my eyes, but stood up nonetheless.

Draco led us outside of the Great Hall and towards his office. We walked in silence, but I noticed he was scowling at something. I turned in the direction Draco was looking and saw Cedric.

"Hey Leila," Cedric called. I smiled and stopped walking until he caught up to us. "Leave her alone pretty boy she's not interested," Draco said. Immediately I turned and shot a nasty look in Draco's direction.

"I was wondering if you wanted to-," Cedric started, but Draco instantly interrupted. "I said she's not interested," Draco spat. He began to size Cedric up. Him and Draco were about to same size now since Draco grew like an entire foot over the summer.

"Cedric I'll talk to you later?" I asked as Draco pulled me away. He nodded, though seemed pissed off.

"Draco are you kidding me?" I asked, punching him hard in the chest. Draco did not even move slightly...just goes to show how strong I am.

"You know I liked Cedric you idiot!" I snapped, pushing past him and stepping up to Dumbledore's office. "Leila wait," Draco pleaded, grabbing my wrist. "I-I just don't want you getting hurt again...it happened right under my nose with someone I thought was my best friend," Draco mumbled.

Just as I was about to answer him, Dumbledore's office door swung open. We stepped inside and saw Dumbledore sitting down at his desk. On the other side of the desk was my parents.

"Oh my darling," my mother yelled, running up to me to hug me. "As I have assured you before, Lucius, Vincent Crabbe will never set foot in this castle again," Dumbledore said quietly. "Are you okay sweetheart?" my mother asked, brushing my blonde hair away from my face.

"I'm fine Mom," I assured her, hugging her tightly.

"How dare you let this happen in the first place Dumbledore! My daughter was attacked by another student of yours!" my father hissed. I tried my best not to smile, but knowing my Dad was actually on my side for once made me happy.

"You wanted to see me Dumbledore?" I asked as I stepped further into the office. Dumbledore looked confused, but then he glanced at Draco.

"I-I just thought we could see Mum and Dad," Draco whispered to me. I nodded and smiled, knowing that he missed them as much as I did.

"My only daughter...attacked by a gorilla-like boy," Lucius spat at Dumbledore. Of course, I knew it wasn't Dumbledore's fault, but Crabbe has been a trouble maker from the beginning. I'm sure someone must've noticed he was bound to do something like this.

"Mr and Miss Malfoy if you'd like, there's an empty classroom down the hall from my office. You may miss one period to go have breakfast with your parents," Dumbledore said kindly. Draco and I looked at each other, smiled, and nodded our heads.

We led our parents down to the classroom to find our old house elf, Dobby, who now works at Hogwarts. He was setting up breakfast for us in the empty classroom.

"Dobby?" Lucius snarled. "Dobby has found work at Hogwarts! Dobby is getting paid to work!" he squealed with excitement. Just as Dobby said this, my father attempted to grab him. Of course, Dobby simply snapped his fingers and disappeared.

"That stupid Potter...making me lose my slave," my father snapped. Draco and I ignored this and sat down to eat. "So my kids, tell us all about your first few days," my Mum said as she began to eat.

I told her all about Fred, and how he saved me. My Dad pretended to not listen, but I knew he was. He hated the Weasleys, but he couldn't now that Fred saved me from being hurt.

And so, we ate breakfast together as a family. This was something that rarely happened at home.

Just as we said our goodbyes, I walked away before Draco did. He was still talking to my father. "I thought I told you to watch out for your sister. Now look what happened. I have to go kill a child with my bare hands because you were too wrapped up in your own world. You keep an eye on her for me...understand?" my father snapped at Draco. I glanced over my shoulder and saw my father pull Draco's hair roughly. "Dad stop!" I yelled, running back over to them.

"It's not Draco's fault," I added before grabbing my brother by the arm and walking away from my parents.