CHAPTER NINE

"I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding, even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil". Laura and Wade watched Halloween on the TV in the dark. Laura had a red blanket curled around her and Wade was laying on his side. His phone buzzed and she frowned as he picked it up and began typing.

"Who is it?" She asked.

"Tony" Wade said. "He wants to know if he can come over?"

She shrugged. "I don't mind. Make sure he is quiet though. My mom is sleeping in the next room".

Tony nodded and texted him the details and then put the phone down.

"You know, I'm shocked you were allowed to come over" Laura stated as she sat up and wrapped the blanket around herself tighter to make sure she kept herself warm. "My mom is so freaked out; she's threatening to put bars on the windows until this guy is caught!"

Wade chuckled. "They weren't too happy about me wanting to. But I promised them I'd be safe".

Wade picked up his phone as it rang. He answered on speaker.

"You two won't believe this! Two others are dead!" Tony exclaimed.

"What?" Laura asked, her eyes were wide as she tucked her hair back behind her ear. "Who?"

"They haven't confirmed anything yet, but I heard it's Demi!" Tony said. "I heard they are arresting Richmond because apparently he was the last one to be seen with her".

"Wait, Richmond? They think he did this?"

"Yeah! Sheriff Riley is arresting him now!"

"Jesus" said Wade. "Who is the other person?"

"Sidney Prescott's friend, Jennifer!"

Laura and Wade exchanged a look of worry. What was Sidney Prescott doing here?

"Are you sure?" Laura grabbed the phone and rolled off the bed.

"Yeah. She was stabbed in the back and Sidney was attacked" Tony said.

Laura looked at her dressing table where she had several photos framed on the top. At the front was a photo of her sister, she looked at it and frowned then turned away. Not wanting to relive the nights where sleep never came as the screams and cries filled her head again, she kept talking.

"So, Sidney Prescott is back in town?"

"Apparently. Man, this is so surreal".

Laura looked at the phone as it beeped. "Tony, hang on we are getting another call".

"I'm almost there so I'll see you soon. Bye" he said then the call went dead.

Laura accepted the other call. "Hello?"

"Wade?"

She rolled her eyes and chucked him the phone. "It's Clancy. I'm going to go downstairs and get a drink. Do you want anything?"

He shook his head and she smiled and walked out of the room. She closed the door behind her, turned and rubbed her arms to warm herself up. Outside a few houses away she heard the sound of a dog barking in the distance. She felt a wave of worry come to her, but she brushed it off and walked on. The house was locked up and the security system was armed. If anybody tried to get in, she would know. She went down the stairs and entered the kitchen.