Chapter 8 : Ink

Dream POV~

I got a call from Fresh, while on a patrol with Cross.

Dream : Yeah, Fresh ?

Fresh : Dream, could you come ? It is for Ink. He is... unwell. The children are asleep, but...

Dream : ... Alright, I will get here right away.

I hang up and teleport with Cross to Ink's house. Fresh is at Ink's room door. He opens it, and I see Ink crying, in a corner, muttering to himself, like he is somewhere else. I rush to him, because he clearly needs someone to cheer him up. I even feel concerned in Cross' voice.

Cross : What happened to him ?

Fresh : Error trapped him in the Anti-void. The fusion of his two worst phobias. Silence and white.

Cross : ... Fresh, my AU is like that, and he wasn't like that at all.

Fresh : Yes, he was. After getting out. Each time. I saw him. And even ask him why he kept coming see you. Do ya know what he answered me ?

He shakes his head.

Fresh : "I know how it is like to have an endless empty white void for AU. Mine was like that. Cross has his Chara, but even so, he won't last... because he lost things. Things I never had... But I won't let someone relive it... Because I would have wanted someone there... A shame I also have to not break X-Gaster's plan... Because, it was never part of it... It is unfair for Cross."

Cross seems in shock. He turns to see Ink. I forced him to sleep with my magic, but I can barely stop him from having a nightmare and he still cries in his sleep.

Fresh : Ya can't do more ?

Dream : No. His negative feelings are way too strong. It is like he has a soul...

Template : That's normal.

We turn to him. He comes next to Ink and shows us... a soul ?!

All : W-wh... H-how...

Template : Ink's old soul is answering to his phobias only. It will disappear once he will calm down.

Cross : So... Ink had a soul ?

Template : Yup. He destroyed it. In his AU. Because he was the only one with a soul, and it was unbearable. To not get a change from his "friends" and "family". To never manage a word out of them. To know his Au won't ever be finished, because his creator gave up... But instead to die, like he hoped... he was forced to watch over what he couldn't have. But he ended up determined. Determined to not let another AU be like his.

Template put a bag with a lavender scent next to Ink. He then pushed us all out of the room.

Template : We can't do anything, so let's leave him sleep. Fresh, could you stay in case ?

Fresh : Alright buddy. Go back to your husband.

Template teleports.

Dream : You sure you don't want help, Fresh ?

Fresh : That's fine, Dream. You should get some rest with Crossy-cross here.

I nod and we leave with Cross, even if we are still worried over Ink