six

laughing, george patted nick's shoulder.
it was lunch time and nick had just dropped his lunch tray.
"shut it, scooter boy." nick growled.
george continued to laugh anyways, ignoring his angry friend, picking the things off of the ground.
george sat down, and after a moment so did nick.
"at least the pizza landed on the other side"
nick said as he took a bite.
"still edible."
george nodded absentmindedly, he hadn't really heard his friend.
something, no not something, someone had caught his eye.
he frowned a bit at the sight of seeing the person on their own.
"...but yeah she's a total idiot." nick's voice faded in as he snapped back into reality.
"huh," george nodded again.
"uhh, one sec nick."
he said as he stood up, setting his drink down.
"i'll be back." the boy began to walk away, leaving nick to himself.
"of course he wasn't listening," nick mumbled.
-
there's my boy. he thought, seeing clay sitting on his own, lunch tray atop his lap, sitting against the wall.
george stood infront the frail boy, cute dirty-blonde hair and freckles covering his arms as his hoodie sleeves were rolled up.
"hey."
the said boy heavily flinched, a scared expression plastered on his face, although fading into a relieved blink at seeing george.
"oh uh hi, um what do you want-?"
clay asked but immediately jerked his hand to him mouth.
"i'm sorry that sounded so mean i should go,-"
clay grabbed his book and lunch tray, standing up. he was about to leave but george places his hand on-top clay's shoulder.
"no, you shouldn't. it's okay no need to be sorry." george reassures the frail, scared boy.
"are you sure?" he asked.
"yes, come on, you can sit with me and my friend." george said as he lead clay slowly back to his seat.
"really?" clay asked, trying to mask his excitement but not really doing a good job.
"of course! you're my friend!" george warmly smiled, rubbing clay's shoulder.
as they continued, nick waved, george returning the gesture.
he watched clay nervously reach his hand up but retract it impulsively.
smiling, george sat down across from nick.
clay stood for a moment before setting his tray down next to george's and sitting down.
"i'm sure you've met him, this is clay." george said.
nick nodded, a small smirk plastered on his face.
"clay, this is nick, my best friend." he gestured towards the brown haired younger boy.
clay shook his hand.
"hi clay, i've heard of you from mr. gogy over here." nick smiled.
george furrowed his eyebrows at the name, clay just giggled which changed george's temper. that giggle is so cute.
george was beginning to come to terms with his feelings,
he used to push away all his crushes, which happened to all be on boys cause he didn't think it was normal.
now he knew it was ok.
anyway.
"gogy?" clay said, words muffled through his hoodie sleeves but loud enough to hear.
"he calls me that and i hate it-" george mumbled, sending nick a glare.
"well, could i call you that?" clay said, face slightly pink.
without responding, george let his face cover with a blush.
nick chuckled silently. and under his breath. muttered 'and now i'm the 3rd wheel.'
"uh, i guess?"
"uh um, i- i don't have to uh call you that, if you don't want me to-" clay stuttered.
"it's fine. don't worry."
nick desperately tried to change the subject. "hey! did you hear about the school hamilton play??"
clay's eyes widened. "hamilton?!" he smiled.
subtly, george rested his arm on clay's shoulder.
"yeah."
"i love that musical, in fact, i love musicals in general. i really like heathers and in the heights!" clay rambled.
"haha, you should audition." nick said. george nodded. "it'd be fun, you seem to have an obsession."
"really? i'm scared to though."
"you don't have to, just a suggestion." george said as he moved his hand further down, closer to clay's waist. clay took note but didn't say anything.
"i could go with you too if it makes anything any better. i don't have any musical experience but why not?" the brunette said, gaining a quick excited glance from clay.
"really?? oh my gosh that would be so cool!" he smiled like a child.
"yeah! we'll figure that out later i guess." george said.
he didn't entirely want to do this, but if it made it easier for clay.
he wanted to make his friend happy.