fourteen

smiling, clays mother gave her son a hug as he was about to exit the door.
"have fun you two." she waved, clay walking up towards george.
"bye mom! i love you." he said before walking down the sidewalk to george's car.
clay walked close alongside george, feeling their hands touch and eventually lock together. clay flinched at the feeling but still felt like he was going to explode.
george realized the look on clay's face and let go. "oh im sorry, was that uncomfortable??" he asked in a sweet tone.
"no, i liked it" clay admitted.
george sighed, opening the door for clay.
"thank you."
george nodded and headed over to the drivers seat.
-

clay found himself hand in hand again with his crush, trying to think nothing of it. george thought nothing of it, right? so why should he?
clay blinked, smiling at the shorter brunette who had been leading them to their theater. clay had his and george's popcorn in his hands, george holding the drinks and other various treats they had bought.
"so what's the movie called again?" he asked george as he mindlessly rubbed his thumb against george's hand.
"it's called benji, a dog movie. this is the remake and i heard it's pretty good, about a stray dog and two kids. thought you'd like it." george explained, eyes not leaving clay but still making his way through the crowds of people.
"oh okay. that sounds cute!" clay smiled.
george mumbled something unintelligible, the only word clay made out was 'adorable'. however he decided to just push that away for now and enjoy the company of this boy beside him.
clay peered at the cups in george's hand. "what'd you get?" he asked.
"i got rootbeer. easily the best pop out there." george replied, smiling as he gripped the cups.
"you want yours?" he tilted his head a tad, looking at clay and handing him his cup as they neared entering the theater.
"sure, thank you." clay smiled in return, holding it in the hand he held the popcorn in so that he was still able to hold onto george's hand.
"you two here together for.." the lady at the front of the doorway to the theater began. "benji? if you have tickets, may i see?" she finished, smiling at them as they stood infront her.
"yeah uh, actually, i've gone and ordered them online so i've got online tickets. one moment." george replied swiftly, taking out his phone and opening an app.
he showed the screen to her and she scanned it, waving after the two beeps.
"have fun! enjoy the show." she said rather inauthentic-ly, seeming like she had come straight out of a commercial.
she's probably paid to sound all professional and that. clay thought, regaining his focus so he could navigate with george up to their seats.
"where are we sitting?" clay asked gingerly.
"anywhere you'd like honey." george said but had quickly turned and averted clays gaze, face growing red. however clay didn't really seem to notice.
"okay."
clay thought for a moment.
"let's sit in the middle! personally i think it's the best cause you can see just right, you aren't too close or too far. like that 3 bears nursery rhyme!" clay went on, pointing to the general area of where he wanted to sit.
george nodded as he refocused onto clay. "okay, lead the way"
clay nodded and once again grabbed george's hand, making his way up the stairs and through the aisle of chairs to stop and plop down.
"here's good." clay decided, setting his things down along with him.
george set his and clays backpacks down, as he had been carrying clays on his back as well. he sat down next to the taller, however more frail, boy next to him of whom he silently cherished.
"thanks for bringing me here, even though the movie hasn't started, i'm already having fun."
george huffed of semi-laughter and smiled.
"i'm glad you're having fun."
george then added "but no need to thank me, if anything i'd thank you for even being here."
clay nodded, leaving their conversation as so.
they watched the pre-show ads, silence consuming them apart from the odd chatter of children and others.
-

as the credits had soon began to roll, george looked at clay who was now on his phone.
smiling widely, and without thinking, george placed his hand around clay's lower waist which had immediately snagged his attention from his phone and onto george.
there was a strange atmosphere, it wasn't uncomfy however.
it was as if they could both read each others minds, their thoughts going places as they stared at one another.
george made the move. the move he had wanted to make ever since he met his boy.
george swiftly grabbed clays face, smashing his with his own.
now, clay was surprised, jumping a little bit but definitely did not back out.
george smiled into it, wrapping his arms around the back of clay's neck.
clay was the first to back off, face speckled all over with dark shades of red, likewise with george, he stared oh-so lovingly into this boys eyes still.
but panic flooded his senses as he realized what the hell he had just done.
"i'm sorry if you didn't want that, i'm sorry i'm such a bad person, i know you don't like me i'm sorry clay- i'll go-" george got ready to sit up but was stopped by clay.
"no. george stop, why did i not back out if i didn't like it? you're okay please don't worry."
this calmed george's nerves but he was still worried and flustered.
"but don't you have a crush on some dude?"
"george." clay went on
"i don't know if you haven't realized, but that 'boy is you."
george raised an eyebrow in shock.
"what"
-
-
-
-
BOOOM i'm back. and hopefully updates will be more frequent.
wanted to move the story along more :0
anyways thanks SM for 5k reads ily all!! 💙💙