sixteen

"thanks, ant. that really helps." george sarcastically scoffed.
"yeah yeah whatever, now anyways i'm really happy for the two of you. and being very honest, was very obvious to see you two would get here." ant said.
his boyfriend, red who had clung onto the boy, shook his head in agreement.
george sighed, but he couldn't help a crack of a smile creep onto his lips as the same thought re-entered his mind.
the very day he'll soon be able to call clay his boyfriend.
he was willing to wait however long it took until clay was ready,
and oh boy, was he excited for that day that his boy would really be his.
until then, secret gay panics and banter from nick would continue.
although, if they did ever get together, george didn't see the banter or teasing ever stopping.
he rolled his eyes subconsciously, thinking about his idiot of a friend.
"anyways, you inviting clay over today? i think bad and mega are coming. finally took enough convincing to get meg to come." ant exhaled after he spoke, regaining his gaze to george's.
they were gonna go down to the abandoned mall, one of their favorite hangouts.
"uh, i may as well. would be nice to see him again." george's words coincided with ant's nod.
red raised an eyebrow mischievously.
"mr 'oh i'm not gay! i don't like men!'" he pressed, gazing at george pointedly.
george felt his neck grow hot, he pushed that aside however.
"yeah, whatever. i'm sure you've been there before-" george retorted, not realizing he'd sounded a little harsh.
red lifted his hands in fake offense, scoffing. "whatever. but i kinda
knew you guys would get together. just wait till con hears about this." red responded.
george nodded. "oh boy, connor will not leave us alone will he? honestly neither would carmen."
ant nodded at the mention of carmen, his best friend.
she and connor had been ants good friends, easily adapting into their friend group.
the two were friends, new students who lived together.
connors parents had abandoned him around birth so he never had a true family, he was taken in by carmens family as a foster but they had soon adopted him.
now, he never really fully considered them his family but carmen was such a sister figure towards him.
connor was a very spontaneous guy.
george giggled as he remembered the time connor had asked a random stranger to marry him for a small pack of cheez-its.
now carmen, she was a little shy and reserved, however when with friends she was brought out of her shell.

"yeah. it'll be pretty chaotic, i remember how it was when we first told the two about us. constant banter and teasing." red smiled, moving to the side as he grasped his boyfriend.
ant quickly kissed the boy's forehead and nodded once more.
"well, whatever happens i hope it'll all be good george." he added.
"i have a feeling it will." george admitted.
////

"so you will come? there's gonna be a lot of people so i just don't know if you'll be okay with that or not. don't think of it as a party, just a fun weekend get-together?"
george asked. he knew clay was a fairly antisocial kid and didn't want to make him too uncomfortable.
either he'd be fine with the chaotic goings of connor or he wouldn't and would be anxious. george hoped it was the latter.
"i'll be fine, i'm sure. plus, i would like to get to know more of your friends anyways." clay reassured him.
george smiled as he heard clays voice re-enter. it was a nice and soft, but slightly raspy outcome and george had adored how it sounded.
'man i'm so gay.' he'd thought.
"okay. if you ever feel uncomfortable please let me know, i'll do something about it." george responded, cracking once another smile as he anticipated the boys response.
"alright, i'm kinda excited though. the connor boy sounds funny."
george sighed a happy sigh.
"yeah. anyways, see you at 4 then?" he concluded. you could easily detect the excitement in his tone.
it would be a nice, long night sitting by the campfire, listening to music, roasting marshmallows and so forth.
he looked forward to it, definitely.
"mhm! see you then gogy." clay chirped, soon afterwards hanging up.
george felt his chest start beating slightly faster as he removed his one hand from his check.
usually he hated that name, but when clay used it?
a different story.
he wasn't sure why but he felt it was different, differently intended than his other friends.
that was another thought.
what did he consider clay? was clay even his friend right now? was he something more?
george for right now, decided to put the thought aside and left to regroup with his friends, a few waiting outside his house.
they were heading down to the river, all waiting on him as 4 was nearing soon and their little get together would be soon.

"hi georgieee! how was the chat with your little boyfriend?" nick joked, smiling brightly as george closed the door behind him.
george pinched his nosebridge and lightly slapped nick on the back.
a shorter boy with dark brown hair looked up quickly. he had a black green day shirt and ripped jeans, a grey beanie atop his head.
"your what now-?" he stated george down.
george tried to hide his slight blush.
"nick!" he sighed. "first off, i'm not dating him yet. second off, shut up snapmap."
nick said through gritted teeth;
"call me that again and we're gonna have problems."
george ignored that but focused on the boy, connors, prying gaze.
"yet? what's going on here, mr georgie??"
"connor- well i have a crush on this boy named clay, he likes me too i guess, and he said he'd give it a try."
connor shot him a confused look, raising an eyebrow slightly.
"we're not dating yet. we'd like to take our time, considering we only recently met." he explained further.
connor nodded in understanding. "you really like this kid?" he pushed further, ignoring how flushed george already was.
george sat down on the stairs infront the door with the rest of them.
he smiled and then nodded a yes.
"oh yeah, he's quiet, creative, he's funny, and he's really pretty. like man is he pretty, yknow, freckles, dirty blonde hair and such." george rambled, letting his face grow red.
"man that's really fucking gay" connor joked, earning some laughs from the few around him.
george nodded, truthfully. "well yeah. look at who you're talking to." a female voice had butted in.
she had light brown, almost close to dirty blonde hair. very curly hair as well, not to ignore.
her eyes sparkled a dark brown as she spoke.
today, she had worn a tank top with a pastel rainbow stripe and jogging pants.
a black hoodie was tied tightly around her waist.
"it's george isn't it, what do you expect from him?"
"shut up carm-"
"you can't deny it."
the others seemed to agree.
"is this national embarrass-george-day or something?" he replied, laughing slightly.
"seems so." nick curtly bit back.
george sighed, grabbing his phone and shoving it in his back pocket.
"i hate you lot." he added.
"we hate you too!" connor smiled as george looked back, he formed a heart with his hands.
"well. we'd better get going. don't wanna keep anyone waiting if they're there yet." george suggested.
the others agreed, following shortly behind him,
all except for carmen and connor of who thought it would be a great idea to race down a road, a somewhat busy road at that.
george sighed inwardly at his friends,
but exhaled sharply at anticipation of seeing clay.

////

"so. uh, this is connor, watch out, he might have rabies or something, i dunno." george said. clay laughed, but raised an eyebrow at the last bit. "connor, this is clay. sure you might know who he is. please lay off on the jokes-" george said, smiling as the two exchanged handshakes.
"i'll try however you know how well i keep promises, georgie-poo." connor smiled curtly.
"nice to meet you" clay oh-so-sweetly smiled at him, quickly throwing a glance at george who just laughed.
"anyways. yeah, likewise dude." connor smiled at clay, the taller, however fragile kid.
clay slipped his finger, and slowly his whole hand into george's hand, sitting down on the log they'd sat on last time.
george then pointed to the girl, sat next to connor and bad.
"oo! that's carmen. we usually call her carm though. i think you'll like her." he explained.
clay nodded as he listened to the brit.
she waved sweetly at the mention of her name.
clay waved bad, smiling at her.
"she seems cool. all of your friends are so cool george, i've never really had something quite like this."
clay sighed inwardly, only holding tighter onto george's hand.
george looked thoughtfully into the campfire and the stick (marshmallow as well) he'd been holding into the fire, before turning to face his boy.
he breathed in the crisp, smoky air they'd been surrounded in before exhaling quietly.
"i'm glad i can give you this, i really am.
you know, i love you clay. i think you really need to hear it from me, i really do." he breathed as he spoke, moving closer to clay.
he snaked his arm right around clays waist, who sat there almost frozen.
"i love you too." clay responded, pretty much speechless, however looking straight into george's eyes with such a loving and burning gaze.
however their tranquility didn't last too long.
"and yet you say you aren't dating." connor smiled from across the clearing.

////

well! i hope y'all like carm and connor :0
they're new and random characters but i thought, why not add some originality rather than purely just using mcyts??
:> see ya!

edit!
hello i'm back to ask, should i make a discord? like a discord server for everyone who reads my fics :0
so do any of y'all want that????