eight

"well, what do we do now?" george asks, next to clay and nick. he fiddled with his hair as the others tried to come up with ideas.
"ooh!" nicks eyes lit. "we could go down to the river, it's a little late now and we could catch the sunset."
clay's eyes widened and he seemed excited. "i love sunsets so much!" he smiled, and not thinking about it he grabbed onto george.
"well let's do that," george smiled as he adjusted his body, feeling comfortable with the others touch.
nick nodded. "well, do we go now?"
"we don't have anything else to do." george pointed out.
as they all grabbed their things, the thre were headed out of the room and out of the house.
george slung his backpack around his back and clutched his house keys as he locked the door.
"hurry up slowpoke!" nick shouted. looking down the street, nick was leading clay down the sidewalk.
"chill, i'm just locking the door-" george retorted, breaking into a sprint as he shoved his keys in his pocket and catching up.
"how far away is the river?" clay asked.
"not very far. i'd say 5 mins, that correct gogy?" nick said with a hint of playful tone at the end of his sentence.
"quit calling me that. but yeah, it's not far."
"oh okay."
-
pushing the branches out of the way, george stood to the side so that the other two could pass.
"george, could you uh-" clay stopped infront him. "maybe carry me? it looks steep and i'm kinda scared." clay nervously asked.
"yea, sure, c'mere." george said, grabbing clay's legs and heaving the taller boy into his arms. huffing, feeling slightly exhausted, he began to descend down the hill towards the water.
george's arms grew heavy, but luckily he already reached the bottom, meeting nick who had his phone out and was smiling widely at the two.
george realized how him and clay probably looked and knew what nick had did. gently setting clay down so that he wouldn't get hurt, george lunged at nick.
"what??"
"oh, stop being stupid you know what you did-!" george grumbled, trying to grab his friends phone. regaining balance, nick stood up straight, giggling.
"okay, okay."
"delete it."
"i don't wanna, pleassseee gogy??" nick jokingly pleaded.
"if it gets you to shut up."
a small giggle sounded from behind the two bickering teens.
they both stared at clay, nick sighing in satisfaction.
the two sat down, clay in the middle of them.
"the sun's starting to set." clay noted.
as he said that, clay grabbed his backpack from the rock covered in reeds it was settled on.
he unzipped it and grabbed a camera out of it and set the bag back down.
"i, i uh like to take photos of the sky a lot, mostly sunsets. it's really pretty." clay explained as he turned on the camera.
'not as pretty as you." george muttered under his breath.
"the sky is gonna start looking cool pretty soon," clay said as he checked his phone, reading a timer set on his phone.
"if you like sunsets, i have a really cool place to bring you one day" george said as he imagined the flower field his father once brought him to.
george would sometimes go there on his own and it became a regular spot for him.
"oh really? that would be fun!" clay hugged him.
all this time, nick had just been watching.
it was obvious the kindle between the two, and at this point nick had just accepted that he was the third wheel. he sat back to let magic do it's wonder
george smiled at the body attached to his.
he wrapped his empty arms around the boy, feeling the boys soft, green, fluffy hoodie on his skin.
"i wish i could just stay like this" he whispered.
"so do i" clay mumbled through george's t-shirt.
"get a room." nick jokingly scoffed.