seventeen

"so. do you uh, have an answer yet?" george asked gingerly, sitting next to clay. clay looked at their surroundings, given that they were supposed to be eating and at the cafeteria, clay shot him a 'right now??' kind of look.
george only nodded, waiting slightly impatiently.
clay let out a long and shaky sigh.
"well, honestly, i think so."
hope shimmered in george's eyes. his heartbeat quickened and he held his breath in anticipation.
"really?"
"yeah, i really do love you and i'm willing to try."
george could combust in happiness right there and then.
"does that- does that uh mean we're boyfriends now?" george asked with an enthusiastic yet shy approach.
clay nodded quite happily. "i think it does!"
george looked around at the bathroom they were in, as george had pulled clay aside to talk before hand.

he leapt onto his boyfriend and enveloped him into a huge, warm hug.
"oh clay, i'm so happy- you don't understand how long i've wanted this" george felt like he could cry.
sure, he'd been in other relationships before but he knew this would be different. and for the better.
"i could say the same." clay smiled, the shy boy he knew almost disappearing at his new drag of excitement and confidence.
"can i? if you don't want to that's f-" george was abruptly cut off, clay knowing exactly what to do as he cupped his boyfriends face.
clay connected their lips, the two easily melting and forgetting the earlier tension.
george felt pure euphoria bloom in his chest as he smiled wildly into the kiss.
his eyes locked with clays and they stayed there for a moment or so.

clay was the first to back away, that cute loving gaze never departing his face quite yet.
"georgie, we should head to lunch, we need to eat."
george nodded. he didn't say a word, frankly, there wasn't very much to say.
all he could say in his mind was
'holy shit.'
////

clay sighed inwardly.
it wasn't a cowering, stress filled sigh this time.
rather it was a big sigh of relief and freedom as he locked arms with the boy he was freely able to call his boyfriend.
even the word seemed so new to clay, to finally be able to call george that.
it brought the two joy each time.
clay then smiled, sitting down at their usual table.
george followed shortly behind him.
his eyes were met with confused looks.
"where were you two? it's been like 10 minutes"" bad was the first to speak.
nick just burst out laughing suddenly, a shorter boy, connor, nestled next to nick joining in.
"what?" clay tilted his head a little.
he looked over at his boyfriend, who was red all over.
"i don't get it." clay said defeatedly. clay had noticed that carmen and connor were actually both here today, great.
from what he was told, they were pretty sick so they'd stayed home for a bit. that's why he hadn't met them before.
well, he enjoyed their presence anyways, they were pretty funny.
carmen however, raised an eyebrow. "you sure you don't know? what were you guys doing?" she said, mischief edging her tone.
clay connected the dots but not fully, his innocence clearly showing.
he whipped his head around to face george's, in which they shared the same look.
his gaze practically asked 'do we tell?'
george nodded, understanding "might as well." he whispered under his breath.
george then piped up, catching the attention of a few of the people they were surrounded by.
"well. me and clay are dating now, bam, wow i know such a shocker" george sarcastically dragged out.
there was a few, somewhat shocked.
but nothing beat the smug as fuck look on ants face.
"ha! see, you lovesick dunce?? took you long enough." he blurted out, his boyfriend red laughing next to him.
ant collected himself but then said a quick "congrats though!"
clay gripped george's hand, excited.
nick just smiled brightly and gave george a pat on the back.
"looks like the wingman's job is over from here on now."
"ha, you were terrible at your job and you know it, nicky-" george laughed.
nick furrowed his brows in fake anger.
"i was trying to go easy! you have no idea how many times i wanted to smash your two gay faces together but didn't."
connor laughed, but then looked up at george with loving eyes.
"all jokes aside, i'm actually really proud of you guys. sure i haven't known clay too long but you two seem great!" connor smiled, clay could see their almost brotherly like relationship, he smiled.
the others, as in bad, carmen, ant, red and nick had nodded.
george and him would have to tell the rest who weren't here later.
"thanks conn. and everybody as well!" george then wrapped his arm around clays waist and began eating his food, most likely starving.
clay decided he would eat as well.
his eyes met the side of george's face, in which he found himself not able to peel away from.
his hair was well done today and clay had the strong urge to run his hands through it, but restrained, continuing to observe the boys movements and beauty instead.
george then caught sight of clay, who felt the want to look away but didn't. clay let the talking of his friends drown out and he focused on the both of their breathing, feeling his neck heat up.
breaking the tension, george laughed a little before murmuring "take a picture, it'll last longer."
clay rolled his eyes. "i've read the fictions. george, how cliché can you get?"
"i don't know, but you like it don't you?" george continued the hushed tone, trying to keep their conversation between just them two.
"i sure do." clay then pressed a kiss against george's face. george felt the need to do the same, and so he did.
"that's gay." connor peered from over nicks shoulder. carmen laughed at his usual antics, and so did bad.
"that's the whole point." clay gingerly pointed out.
the others burst out in roars of laughed and clay smiled.

he was getting braver around his friends, he could admit but he still felt anxiety creeping his back like some sort of monster.
he was getting better, he knew, but what he did know is that it would never quite go away.
he could never forget what happened.
but as long as he had george,
hopefully he wouldn't have to worry anymore. hopefully.

A/N

HI HELLO HOW ARE YOU
IDK HIW LONG THIS STORY WILL BE BUT AFTER ITS OVER THERE MIGHT BE A SEQUEL OF SOME SORT???
ALSO!
there's some new romance blooming between the friends 👁👁

okay so there's a discord now, the invite is in my announcements!!
it's really just a place for ppl to vibe, mainly for ppl who read my books :>
so most likely all mcyt stans, if i'm being honest.

i forgot about this,,
here's what i envision connor and carmen to look like

i forgot about this,,here's what i envision connor and carmen to look like

anyway :0
see you next chapter :D