Chapter Thirty: Happily Ever After?

I smile at Ava cooing and laughing. She bounces up and down in my arms while Silas is making silly faces with her. 

"Come on, Katherine. She's my daughter too." He jokes 

"Okay, okay. Fine." I smile handing the baby to him 

I watch as Silas takes awe in our daughter. After a few moments, she lets out a yawn and we decide to put her down for a nap. I slowly shut the door to her room and we join the others in the living room. 

"This is a really nice house, Katherine." Elena compliments 

"Thanks, I've tried to keep it up over the years. It took awhile to clean up the blood though. Had to change all the wallpaper."  

"So this is the house you grew up in?" Nadia asks 

"It is. I've always loved this house and I'm glad I didn't burn it down like I had planned." 

"You were going to burn your childhood home?" Elena asks 

"You, burn it down with my dead family inside. But the memories were too important. I mean, I gave birth in the room right down the hall." 

"Who knew you had feelings." Damon laughs  

"Looks like you and me are alike." Elena smiles 

I look around the house and all the memories come flooding back. My sisters and I picking roses from out back, hiding in the mazes, giving birth, finding my family dead. I would say it changed me for the better, but that would be a lie. 

"What are you thinking about?" Silas asks 

"Just thinking about the past. About how glad I'm going to be passing this through the family." I smile

I get up, keys in hand, and walk over towards Nadia. I grab her hand and pull it towards me. I place the keys in her hand and her face lights up and I'm filled with happiness. 

"These, are for you. I want you to have this house, and whenever you feel like you want to pass it to Ava, you can." I smile 

"Does this mean you're coming back to Mystic Falls?" Elena asks cheerfully 

"I'm not sure. So much happens there and I really want Ava to be safe." I state 

"Well, I can keep her here until you know that Mystic Falls is definitely safe." Nadia insists 

"I appreciate it but I would really like some time to spend with my daughters." I deny

"It's whatever you want, Katherine. Just know you are welcome back anytime you want." 

I nod my head at the statement and smile. Damon and Elena stayed for a couple days and we had a fun but they had to leave and get back. Who knows if I want to go back to Mystic Falls. we'd have to see. 

                                                                                              ***

The taxi driver pays attention to the road as I watch trees pass us. I shift in my seat at how uncomfortable these pants are. I look up towards the driver. 

"You've ever wore skinny jeans?" I ask 

I try to pull the pants away to get more comfortable. "Ah, it seems wrong. I'm all bunched up." 

I reached into my pocket to try to get my phone out and that reminds me. "Also, why are jean tight when phones are so big?" 

"I don't know what to yell you, pal." The taxi driver finally answers me but like he's annoyed. 

Something that I'm not really familiar but I can still tell what someone is feeling. 

"Oh, I'm that guy. The one that never shut up.  Uh, I hate that guy. I sat next to that guy on the plane, he was the worst." 

The driver once again assumes his silence. There's nothing that makes me more angry than people ignoring me. I lean forward and place my elbows on the two seat. 

"Speaking of planes, have you flown recently? What's with the whole liquid situation and the- the stripping before going through security? It's weird." 

He keeps looking forward before he answers me. "They're worried about terrorist." He states 

"Okay, well I'm sorry but the real terrorist were known as people taking off their shoes." I move back against the seat "I know, I'm really chatty, sorry. I've just been in prison for awhile. Well not a regular prison-" 

"Alright, we're here." He talks over me 

"More like a special prison-" 

"That'll be 30." If this guy cuts me off again...

"Alright..." I reach into my pocket "...jeans."  

"Take this." I hand him the money I have 

"Hold on, I got it. Oh hey, gum. Nice." I unwrap it and pop it into my mouth and start chewing 

"Come on, buddy. I don't have all day, let's-" 

"I got it, hold on." 

I reach further into my pocket and pull out my headphones. "Huh, well I guess these will do." 

I tighten the cord around my hands and I wrap them around his neck, I pull back with all my force, choking him. As I'm waiting I look around to see if anyone's looking, not like I care though. The sounds of the guy choking eventually stop and I look and he's dead. I put the earbuds in his ears and it looks like he's sleeping. I get out of the car and fix my shirt. I look over towards him and you can see my reflection in the sideview mirror. 

"Hey, thanks for the ride." I say before walking off, smiling. 

I pause and take a good look at all the people and I take in a breath. 

"Damn, it's good to be back." 

A/N- This concludes the second book to my Katherine and Silas Trilogy Second Chance: As A Human. I want to thank everyone that has come from the first book and have continued onto this one. I'm hoping by the time I decide to upload chapters for the third book this will get to 2K views just like the first one. 

Thank you guys for reading and I hoped you enjoyed! <3