𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐒𝐡𝐲

"Mama I'm at the airport you can't stop me from going I'm 20." I sighed into the phone handing the man my ticket. He looked at me with disgust I guess it was because I wasn't wearing a Hijab like most woman who were boarding the plane.

"I'm going to finish school online mama I'll FaceTime you everyday and I'll send you and papa money." I was frustrated this was a last minute situation and no one was supportive.

All my family was here in Saudi Arabia but I had the offer of a lifetime to work for the New York Giants as a physical therapist and I was not turning it down. I currently had a patient waiting for me as soon as I stepped off the flight and my parents throwing up what if's in my face wasn't helping.

"I have to go I'll call you when my flight lands." I hung up the phone and grabbed my bags rolling them onto the plane. It felt so weird to leave my home of twenty years but my old friend Ali was letting me stay with her so I have someone to step into Brooklyn with.

48 hours later

"Hey girl you look bomb." Ali smiled in my face as she swung her apartment door open to greet me. I smiled giving her a side hug while tussling with my suitcases.

"Your rooms right there next to the bathroom. Go unpack and I'll take you to the stadium." I nodded my head dragging my bags to the room.

I instantly started getting my clothes ready to meet up with the team.

I rummaged through my suitcase finding a aqua blue satin dress and pretty pearly heels. I curled my hair and applied light makeup and wore my name necklace and Pandora bracelet.

I quickly found my way to the living room where Ali was waiting on her phone taking pictures. When Ali saw me she got up and brushed her hair to the side of her face.

"Let's roll boo." I nodded my head as she opened the door and we walked to the garage.

"So luv how you been since I left?" Ali asked starting the engine to the car. I sighed and let a load off my chest I was glad Ali was listening and not just asking to ask.

"Girl that's tuff my mama and papa were fine letting me come to America as long as I paid for my own Green card." Ali laughed.

We arrived quickly to the stadium and I was racing out of the car with excitement it was my first time having a patient let alone an NFL patient I was super excited to meet the man and have this experience with him.

"Miss ID please." I showed the security my ID and waved to Ali as I entered the building.

"Hi you must be the newbie I'm Dinah I'm Mr.Smokes Manager I've heard little about you which makes me unimpressed which means my client is very unimpressed. Follow me this way will you." I held my folders and files close to my chest as I followed behind the woman with my head down low.

My smile faded quickly the moments she spoke to me so rudely. I've given up a lot just to be here only to already be judged.

In a matter of minutes I was face to face with my client.

I looked into his dark brown eyes and I grew scared he didn't like me and it was obvious. Despite the glares I was reviving from not one but two people if we included his manager I still introduced my self with a preppy spirit.

"Hi I'm Shy it's an honor to work with you and..." As soon as I started I was cut off.

"My client doesn't have time for the silly introductions he knows you rookie what you need to know is in these books." His manager spoke taking a book bigger than the Bible and smashing it into my chest.