Chapter Fourteen

It's been three weeks since the wedding. Gracie has officially changed her last name. She and Justice, along with Melanie and Avery, get along well. The girls moved in with them. Dustin and Justin are around a lot. Justice is very protective of the girls, and that makes Gracie happy. That's the way he is with her as well, and she knows that the way he's going to be with the baby. She is sitting at the kitchen table drinking her coffee...

Justice: "What's on that beautiful mind of yours?"

Gracie: "Just thinking about all that's happened in the last three weeks."

Justice: "Crazy, right. Who'd have thought?"

Gracie: "I don't know how to take it. It's the one person I thought I'd never let in."

Justice: "But you feel yourself slipping?"

Gracie: "Yes."

Justice: "I think it's a good thing, Gracie. You know how I feel about him. You know I'm 100% on your side but, I can see he's trying."

Gracie: "Me too. I just thought it would be my Mom and not my Dad."

Justice: "She is different, though."

Gracie: "She different because of my last name. She still has an agenda."

Justice: "Time will tell. I have to go, Babe."

Gracie: "Have a good day."

He bends down and kisses her.

Justice: "I love you, Gracie Ann Badeaux."

Gracie: "I love you too, Justice."

Gracie loved having her own car. She still got up with Justice, but his office was further away.

Melanie: "Good morning."

Gracie: "Morning."

Melanie: "Did my brother leave already short stack?"

Gracie: "Yes, he did."

Melanie: "Have you two talked baby names yet?"

Gracie: "No, we need to, though. We have three months and one week left."

Avery: "Hop on it, then."

Avery and Gracie have been riding to work together.

~~Incoming text ~~

Nick: "Would you like to do lunch?"

Gracie: "Let me check once I get to work."

Nick: "I know how that it is."

~~End conversation~~

Avery: "You're Dad?"

Gracie: "Yes."

Melanie: "What did he want?"

Gracie: "To do lunch."

Melanie: "Oh, he's been doing that a lot lately."

Gracie: "Yeah. I'm ok with it. I feel like I'm finally getting to know my Dad, and he's really not a bad person."

Avery: "I see that."