Chapter Sixteen

~~Three weeks Later~~

Gracie and Lily have been working at Badeaux for three weeks. Gracie has settled in, and her team actually listens and respects her. There have been a few questions here and there which have been responded to, and people went on their way. Lily has an office for now until the daycare is finished; it's making progress but not finished. Lily and Gracie have lunch together every day. Even when Justice isn't busy, There was an office cafe on the fifth floor. Hey, we're on the elevator on their way up.

Gracie: "Are you ready for tomorrow?"

Lily: "You don't know how excited I am."

Gracie: "I can imagine. I would lose it if Justice were gone for months at a time."

Lily: "I knew when I married him, he was in the military. I wanted him; he was already the property of the government."

Gracie: "Love is mysterious and sneaks up on us sometimes, doesn't it?"

Lily: "It does. Can I tell you a secret?"

Gracie: "Of course."

Lily: "I hope he gets out this time. I want it to finally just be us. I want a family."

Gracie: "Aww, Lily."

Gracie sees Justice walk up behind Lily. He motions for Gracie to be quiet. Then Gracie notices a soldier following him.

Lily: "I'm so happy to be working here."

Gracie: "We're glad you're here."

Lily: "Once the daycare is finished, I'll start wearing my scrubs again."

Gracie: "You know, Justice isn't going to require you to wear them."

Lily: "I know."

Justice was standing behind Lily now. The soldier had slipped behind a door.

Justice: "Hey, Lily, I hate to interrupt your lunch, but I need you to come to help me with something. Gracie, you too."

Lily: "We were done eating; we were just talking."

They pick up their trash and throw it away. They follow Justice past the door that Gracie saw the soldier hide behind. As they walk through the door, Lily feels arms come around her. She turns to face the person. She immediately goes into his arms.

Gracie: "Oh, Justice. How long have you had this planned?"

Justice: "Victor called me two weeks ago."

Gracie: "You could have told me."

Justice: "No. You would have told Lily."

Victor and Lily had broken apart by then.

Victor: "Thank you for everything, Justice. I really appreciate it."

Justice: "You're welcome."

Gracie: "It's nice to meet you finally."

Victor: "You guys too. I'm glad Lily found you guys. I know she was lonely."

Gracie: "We wouldn't know what to do without her now."