𝟐

𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐲𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"𝐑ebecca?"

Zakai held to her so tight, it made me wanna fall on my knees and beg for her forgiveness. She looked straight at me. I expected to see hatred in her eyes. I expected to see anger. But instead, she planted a kiss on my lips.

What?

"Bec - "

"Don't." She cut me off. Zakai's eyes, in her arms, were already slipping closed. He's so tired of crying for her. And now that he's found her, he can rest. "I get why you did what you did. And I wanna move past it."

It seemed weird to me. She's too forgiving. Those are things I hoped she would say if she came back, but not things I thought she would actually say. It doesn't matter, anyway. Who am I to complain? "Yeah. I'd love that. It's cold out here, let's go inside."

She came into the house with me and made her way to the living room. Instead of sleeping, Zakai was now wide awake, talking to her. Probably trying to fill her in on everything she's missed. "Oh wow, is that what you did?" She replied to his baby talk. "Then what happened?"

We got to the living room. She paused and looked around but I couldn't tell what she was thinking. "Still the same. I ain't changed nuttin."

"Home sweet home."

She sat on the big sofa and placed her bag down

She sat on the big sofa and placed her bag down. It was only a small bag - not what I expected. One by one, she pulled out all the items in there. A phone. Her keys. And... a Bible? Since when did she read the Bible?

"Don't ask," she said quickly, followed by a nervous laugh. "It's a big part of my life now. I love reading it. Takes my mind off things, you know? It's taught me forgiveness, too."

Clearly.

I wanted to ask her more questions, but I have a feeling that she's trying to forget and move on. That means I have to as well. Rebecca's back. I don't know where she went or what she was doing but she's back and that's all that matters. "Twins!" I called.

Autumn and Wynter came down in the lift. As soon as as they saw Becca, they screamed. "I'm back!" She hugged them both. Pure joy was written on all three of their faces. They're so happy to see each other. "How've you guys been?"

Wynter kissed her teeth playfully, "we been missing you, man, where did you go?! I'm so happy you're back cuz I can't stand Cas's cooking. Last month I was stuck on the toilet for three days!"

"Cah you wouldn't stop eating them fuckin crisps," I retorted. "My cooking's certi, bro. Autumn, ahlie my cooking's certi?"

She grit her teeth. "I'm not gonna gas you too much but the pizza was nice."

"We ordered that," I replied bluntly.

"Oh. Then yeah, your cooking sucks. Welcome home, Becca!"