Chapter 4 : Reunion

Kay...

Today is my 20th birthday, and my friends are taking me out. Missy said she has my entire day planned, but would not elaborate to any of us what this may entail. As my best friend, I trust her, but for some reason, it also unnerved me to some extent.

I have this strange feeling that she is up to something, because of the things Missy has said to me lately.

"You are in a rut, you cannot move on with Ben if you're constantly looking backward," she said to me yesterday.

I replied, "I'm leaving it up to him and if Ben wants to have a relationship, then it will happen."

"Why is it up to him? He moves slower than a turtle. Seriously, I think you are just scared to have your heart broken again. What happened in Texas?" She asked, but I wouldn't answer.

Looking at the clock, it's almost noon, and she will be here soon. Checking myself over one more time, I then pick up my apartment and put my mug in the dishwasher. Glancing around, I fold the blanket on the couch and then peek out the French doors. Seeing that my flowers and tomato plant need water, I step out and give them a drink from my little blue watering can.

I love my apartment.

Ben shouts from down below, "Happy Birthday, pretty lady."

"Hey there handsome man, come on up!" I say while looking 3-stories down.

Why is he here? It's my birthday, but I thought Missy was picking me up.

Opening the door, I see him run up the staircase and he has flowers. Quickly, I check myself over again in the mirror and then turn back to the door.

When I do, he's there in front of me. Without saying a word, we kiss. Wrapping me in his arms, I'm engulfed by this man, and I feel his heart race. He sets the flowers on the shelf and kicks the door closed without stopping this very intense moment. As his hands slide up and down my body, I'm ignited with such passion. I don't want this kiss to end.

He backs me up to the couch and as his hand slides down to my breast, my body tingles everywhere. I have waited for this moment for so long.

"Happy 20th Birthday, Kiki." He whispers and then kisses my neck.

Holy crap, this is the best birthday ever.

Undoing his shirt, I hear a knock at the door.

SHIT!

He looks at me and re-buttons as I fix my red top and check my hair. Taking a deep breath, he nods, and I open the door.

"Happy Birthday, Woman!" Missy says, and then she sees us.

Ben says sarcastically, "Perfect timing, Missy."

"Hey Missy, thank you. Come on in." I say, and she smirks.

My best friend says, "Actually, we need to go. We're late. Are you coming with us, Ben?"

"Yup, I just need to pick up Joe on the way." He answers.

Why does everyone seem to know where we are going but me?

"Perfect. We will just meet you there. Come on Kay." She says and I look back at Ben.

He nods while looking at the floor.

"Wait, I need to put these beautiful flowers in water. Thank you, Ben. They are beautiful. Just give me a minute." I say and then walk into the kitchen.

Filling up the vase, I see the two of them whispering. Ben looks annoyed, and Missy is pointing at the balcony. Obviously, these two are in cahoots, but someone is messing up the plan.