Chapter 7: a duel in CastleMacFrights

"That sounds scary..." Gooigi mumbled as I said the name of floor 6. I chuckled as the goo counterpart hid behind Luigi, "I'm sure it will be fine!"

I heard Luigi scoff as I pressed the button and the elevator ascended, I gave him a quick glare before the elevator doors opened and I stepped out. "Y/n, Look out!" I didn't have time to think as I was pushed away from the elevator and an axe landed onto someone.

Oh god, please don't say that was Luigi! I turned my head and saw a goo puddle on the ground. It then formed back up into Gooigi, "you look like you've just see a ghost," he smiled as he offered me his hand, I gladly took it and sighed in relief.

"I thought that Luigi was the one that got hit..." I huffed. Luigi then stepped over the fallen weapon, "I was about to push you...But Gooigi got there first, probably for the best."

We all then walked out of the main lobby to see a huge castle merged in the wall, a huge gate blocked us off, "well this is a totally normal thing to have in a hotel."

"It's your mother, what do you expect?" Gooigi responded to my comment, "what does your mother look like?"

"How do I say this..." I muttered, Gooigi waited patiently, "well she is rather beautiful, but maybe it's because of all that makeup...her personality clearly doesn't match."

Luigi then started laughing, "there must be something ugly underneath, a monster!" Gooigi then joined in, "I wouldn't be surprised, she sounds like a snooty hag."

I gasped in shock, "Gooigi!" I scolded, the two laughed, I couldn't help but laugh along with them. Just then loud music immediately shut us up, Luigi then let out a scream in surprise.

"Come on let's get inside..." I whispered, I signaled Gooigi to do his magic. He understood and slipped through the gate and opened it from the other side.

We then entered the castle, the wooden door slowly shutting behind us. "Well this is rather nerve racking," Luigi gulped, staring at the door at the end of the long hallway, many suites of armour stood at either side of the walls. This reminds me of the gloomy manor...

I took the first step and luckily they had no arms, nor weapons so they were harmless, "at these things can't attack," Luigi said, "unlike in evershade valley.

Gooigi then started to continuously throw questions at us, but I shut him up as we got to the end of the hallway and opened the door. I stared in amazement, seeing a large arena below.

I then stood in the middle of the cobblestone tower and two goobs blew into horns they were holding, that's when a ghost with a crown appeared, he also wearer a kilt.

"Who are you?" He said with a Scottish accent, "are you here to challenge me?" Before I could even answer he showed me the elevator button.

"Yes, yes I am here to challenge you!" I snarled. Luigi immediately yelled from behind me telling me not to do it. Gooigi just stayed silent.

The king scoffed, "very well...but you'll have to go through my many challenges. I highly doubt you can live through them!"

He erupted into laughter as an iron gate opened, allowing access to a wooden door that would reveal these 'challenges.' As soon as I was out of his hearing rang Luigi narrowed his eyes at me, "what were you thinking?!"