Chapter 12: Disgusting waters

The elevator then opened, indicating that toad had made his way to the basement and is now safe with e gadd, hopefully. Our next area was actually all the way down into the boiler works.

Luigi heavily sighed, clearly impatient will the long ride down, the further we went the more it seemed to reek of sewer stench and toxic. "What smells so awful down here?" Luigi coughed, holding his nose. I then realised that my hand were covered in slime, "ew!" I yelled as I desperately tried to remove it but it kept on coming back. "Calm down y/n, Im sure you'll be fine!"

"NO! It won't be fine!" I snapped back at him, he flinched and stared at me wide eyes, "I-im so sorry, I-" I shook my head as the elevator stopped, I walked out first and the horrible smell seemed to worsen. I then saw a ugly looking ghost asleep on the ground, Luigi tried to back away, only to step on a rubber duckie...

A growl of annoyance escaped my lips as the ghost woke up and stared at us, his eyes lingered on me the most before he laughed creepily and spat on his hands before rubbing them together. He then turned on of the rotor and one of the pipes rumbled before spitting water directly into Luigi's face. He then pulled me aside, grabbing onto my waste.

"Hey sweetheart, how about you come with me baby?" He creepily spoke, I quickly became a cat and glared at him. "I'm taken asshole, sorry!" I growled before kicking him through the door. I heavily sighed before turning towards my real man, who was completely soaked head to toe. "Are you alright, sweetheart?"

He nodded slowly, ringing his cap in the process, "wow he was a creep..." Luigi bitterly spoke as he threw his hat back onto his head, "he didn't do anything to you did he?"

"I legit just threw him through the door so no," I said, suddenly Luigi's eyes widened in fear, "what is it?"

He then pointed behind me, "y-your tails are...snakes?!" My head wiped around and I stared in surprise.

snakes?!" My head wiped around and I stared in surprise

"Wow..." I breathed as the three reptiles stared at me with glowing purple eyes, "are you...friendly?" All three heads nodded and I let out a high in relief, I then looked down at my paws which were covered in the green goo from before.

"Your also wearing a gas mask?" Luigi said, "what happens if you take it off?" Out of curiosity I took the black gas mask off and I looked in a puddle on the floor, seeing long fangs and a snake like tongue. I quickly put the mask back on, "is there...some sort of meaning to all these assets?"

Gooigi then suddenly appeared, "it's the three different types of poisons, toxic gas, toxic sludge and snake venom!"

Wow I didn't really think that he would know that, I surely didn't teach him so maybe it was e gadd? "We can't stay here so let's get that ugly ghost..." I said dryly. We quickly solved a puzzle and grabbed the key.