Chapter 8: flowers

Our next area was the garden suites and that really doesn't sound all that bad right? There just plants, I've cared for some flowers at the mushroom kingdom, especially fire and ice flowers.

Well I was surprised to see that two trees were growing on either side of the elevator door, flower pots stood everywhere and grass was growing from the crevices of the floor. "Wow this place has been taken over!" Gooigi gasped, however he then looked at me and changed the topic, "by the way, are you alright after that gruesome battle?"

"Yeah? I'm completely fine, why what's wrong?" I questioned him, Luigi then cleared his throat. "Well you actually have a faint scar across your face, and it's probably the same with your arm and leg."

I then check myself and indeed found two scars, one on the right arm and another on my left leg, of course being the leg that a knife went through.... "But, I don't feel any pain...well as a cat I did but I guess the scars kinda passed on," I mumbled, faintly brushing a finger across my face, soon as I pulled away I saw blue on it.

"Even the blood passed on..." Gooigi whispered, I shook my head and wiped the blue off my hands. "Come on you two, let's go."

We ventured through the overgrown, thick grass until we got to a large door, the three of us pushed it open, and there was the button sitting on a pedestal. I quickly looked up and saw the massive staircase going up.

Luigi then giggled to himself and talked towards the button, me and Gooigi didn't move, "Luigi you know how this normally plays out..."

"Well I believe that nothing will go wrong this time." Dumb boy. As he picked up the button a watering can then sprinkled the ground and a blue fly trap looking plant came out of the ground, Startling Luigi.

He dropped the button and it flew into the fly traps mouth, an elderly ghost then appeared, laughing to himself. He watered the plant some more and it grew all the way up to the top.

The ghost then looked at me before disappearing, "you were saying lover boy~?" Luigi flinched and blushed. "A-ah I umm, yeah..." he awkwardly spoke I rolled my eyes and began to make my way up the stairs, Gooigi walked beside Luigi.

I then stopped to see that the staircase had been broken and we couldn't go up. "Now what do we do?" Gooigi asked, "retreat." "What?" He exclaimed at my command. I didn't say anymore so he listened, I carefully walked in the roots of the plan. I then swung on a hanging vine to get to the other side, luckily making it, "now you go, Luigi."

He prepared himself before slowly taking the vine in his hand and swinging over. He let out a breath of relief once he was on solid ground. "Easy, I knew you could do it!" I gave him a small peck on the cheek before heading into our first room, it was of course filled with furniture along with a lot of grass, that was dead, and wilted flowers.

"These poor plants..." Luigi whispered, "what do you think happened?" Gooigi kept quiet as he stared sadly at one of the flowers. "Maybe the ghost cat was the one keeping them alive..."

I should try and revive all the plants here! Maybe that's how I'll get this elderly gardeners trust! So I quickly transformed and as soon as my paws hit the ground the whole room came back to life.