Chapter 5: kitchen fight

Warning that this chapter might be a little rubbish...

"So down to the mezzanine, huh?" Luigi mumbled as he pressed the button once it had gone into the panel. Gooigi then looked into the mirror behind us and tilted his head. "What is this?"

"It's a mirror," I stated, "something that people use when checking how they look." Luigi then chuckled, "something you do a lot." I then glared at him, "ok but you do it a lot as well!"

"I do not!"

"Your fighting like an old married couple," Gooigi suddenly said, Luigi's eyes shifted towards him with fear and started to mumble to Gooigi, as if they were holding a secret together. I raised a brow and stepped out of the elevator, as it had opened long ago.

"Polterpup!" I greeted our ghostly dog who barked happily at the dining sign in front of the door, polterpup then went through the door and I moved the sign to the side, "come on you two!"

The two Luigi's stopped bickering and followed behind, as soon as I went through the door, I suddenly became really warm. "Is it hot in here?" I said. Luigi shook his head, "no not really...is this the next cat ghost?"

"So it's something to do with warmth...ah! Fire!" Gooigi exclaimed, I jumped at the sudden raise in his voice. The polterpup then barked at us to follow him, so we entered the dining area.

The polterpup casually walked through the ghost dining hall with a piece of bread in his mouth and went into the kitchen. My eyes then landed on the five ghosts having a food fight. Luigi and I quickly turned off our flashlights and Gooigi returned to Luigi's poltergust.

We carefully shuffled across the long table that held the food, but unfortunately for us Luigi bumped his head against a glass and it shattered on the floor.

The ghost all turned towards us and one called in another group of five ghosts, all holding different food items. Luigi got himself ready and called Gooigi out. And I transformed into my cat form...

(Completely forgot to add the particles)

The two Luigi's took on five whilst I took on the other group of five, I was able to breathe fire at them which caused them the run frantically around the room and I quickly turned to normal and captured them. "Well at least this time you can use your poltergust," Luigi chuckled, I rolled my eyes in amusement but then became focused on the black smoke coming from the kitchen doors.

Gooigi then took the lead and entered first, me and Luigi following behind, hands intertwined. "Wow something is burning badly!" Gooigi stated, I then noticed that he was starting to melt from the heated air. "Gooigi retreat!" He did as I said and he went into my poltergust.

Me and Luigi then quietly turned off the stove knobs and sucked up the black smoke, revealing a chef ghost preparing some fish. He then looked at us confused, "what are you doing back here?!"

Luigi yelped and hid behind me, the chef then dropped his fish on the ground and yelled at us, swinging his pan in anger. I dodged but slipped on the tile floor and collided with some iron shelves and unfortunately a knife fell and landed right into my left leg I covered my mouth to prevent my screams from being heard and pulled the knife out, wincing. "You two stop!"

They both looked at me, Luigi had a watermelon ready to be launched at the ghost, and the chef had his grip on the fish he dropped. Ready to smack Luigi over the head with it. "How about...we have a cook off?"

"Cook off?" The chef questioned, I slowly nodded and he sighed, "I haven't done one of those for a while...ever since..."

I then became the fire ghost cat, the chef's eyes widened, "y-your the one...the chosen one?" I nodded. "Yes, so I was wondering, to bring your friend back, maybe we should have a cook off."

"That would be amazing, I'm chef soufflé by the way." He said, Luigi then cleared his throat, "should I be the judge?" I nodded and then had a bright idea, "we should do Italian cuisine!"

Chef soufflé then nodded eagerly, "that's a great idea, we use to always make Italian dishes!"

So that's what we did for the next possible hour, we both made dishes of Italian cuisine, chef soufflé decided on pizza whilst I made a dessert, panna cotta.

Luigi tried both dishes and raised his brow at us, what is he Gordon Ramsey? He then smiled at us, "if I'm being honest, both of them are really well done! I...I honestly can't decide."

The chef chuckled lowly, "well that's how it always was...there was never a winner." He then turned to me I gave him a warm smile, "thank you for this, it really helped increase my mood."

Just then a red light shot into the kitchen and sat on the sink, it then revealed itself as the fire elemental cat. "Eilidh, you've returned..."

The cat nodded and leaped onto the floor, staring at me, "here take this," she then took the button off chef soufflé and gave it to Luigi. "Thank you for your kindness."

We said our goodbyes and I transformed back, I heavily sighed, but a sharp pain hit my left leg and I soon realised I was limping. Gooigi then came out without being called. "What is it Gooigi? You only come out unexpectedly when something is-"

"Wrong," he cut me off and immediately stepped closer to me and examined the damage Luigi had turned around and saw what was happening. "What happened to your leg?"

"Well...soufflé might of threw me into one of those iron shelves and a knife landed onto my leg and cut through my skin." I explained, Gooigi then ran his fingers across it, causing me to shiver at the cold touch. "Does anyone have any medical supplies?"

Luigi then checked his pockets and huffed, "no I guess I left my bandages at home..." I then rolled my eyes and started walking off, however it was difficult. The two Luigi's caught up with me. "Where are you trying to go? Not hiding your pain away again are you?"

I glared at my boyfriend, "of course not! We need to get this wound cleaned up and get to e gadd, I'm sure he will have some bandages."

Gooigi immediately guided me to the bathroom? I had my shoulder over Luigi's neck so I could have some support. Once in the bathroom luigi cleaned away any dried blood and the wound. Gooigi sat with me and held my hand to comfort me, since he can't help with the cleaning...

We then arrived to e Gadd's lab and he pulled out some bandages for us, wrapping them around my leg. "And you use to constantly tell luigi you were alright," he chuckled, "so now I guess your always going to tell us when your injured?"

I rolled my eyes at him and sighed, "I guess so...since they're is another pair of eyes on me." I turned to Gooigi who gave me a sweet smile. He's so precious!

E gadd then finished and stared me down, "now take it easy, you could hurt yourself even more..."

"I'll be alright, besides I have two Luigi's with me!" I said, pulling the two towards me, "I'm sure I'll be taken care of."