Chapter 3: Gooigi

"Well there taken care of at least," Luigi sighed as the final ghost went into the poltergust, I then bolted for the door, I felt my boyfriend then grabbed my shoulder, "hey, what's gotten into you?"

I wanted to push him away, all I wanted to do was get your certain friend out of that maid's grasp, but I just stud there, "look, there's something in that briefcase that me and E Gadd has created for him to be able to still collect ghosts and I don't want all that work to go to waste." Luigi then gave a determined nod.

"Alright, lets go then." Luigi gave me a soft smile, and me pulled into a hug. Both of us left for the next room, 507, which seemed to still be a room needing its furniture placed in. The main thing was is that Chambrea was here, trying to get the briefcase out of her ghostsly body. I immediately tried to suck her up however it seemed like the briefcase just blocked my actions. She laughed and dusted my face, causing the dust stuck in the brush to get into your eyes and caused you to gag, "Y/N! Look out!"

"W-wha-?" I couldn't see, however I felt myself being pushed out of the way, "Luigi?"

"Don't worry Y/N, Ive got this," Luigi said in a determined voice, I heard the plunger being shot and a few slams, until you heard the laughter of Chambrea and there was Silence.

"Luigi...?" I whimpered, "I-I can't see." I felt someone lifting me up, "don't worry Y/N, I'm sure if you wash your eyes in one of the bathrooms you'll be fine." I then slowly nodded. "There's a bathroom in here so you can clean your eyes."

I heard a door open and I then walked in, Luigi then guided me towards the sink and gently washed my face. I could finally see again, so I pulled Luigi into a tight hug. "What happened to the maid?"

"I almost got her, she escaped when I slammed her into the ground for a 3rd slam, she should be in room 506." I gave a nod and fixed the poltergust on my shoulders.

"Let's get her!" I yelled, Luigi chuckled at your behaviour. "Remember that King boo could be listening in to everything were doing!" Luigi playfully laughed.

I smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck, "yeah forgot about that." We then entered room 506, and immediately the maid forcefully shoved herself into Luigi, he tumbled onto the floor and I stared in horror. "Chambela listen to me..." I said softly, she glared daggers at me. "What do you want? Everything will be perfect once he's gone, you loved king boo, Right?" My eyes stared into her blank ones...did she really think that? I looked back at Luigi for a moment. "Helen forced me into that relationship, she didn't care about my own feelings, please, we need to stop her...and we need that briefcase."

The maid heavily sighed and pulled the briefcase out of her dress (yikes) and gave it to me. "I'm so sorry Y/n, I didn't know she was forcing you into it...but I have some information you should know."

"Go on?" I egged on leaning towards her a little, "each staff member here used to have a partner, a ghost cat partner. They have mysteriously disappeared and everyone has now turned to hellen after their past leader vanished with them." Chambra explained, "if you can somehow bring them back then I'm sure everyone would be thankful."

"B-but how do I bring them back?" I asked, it was very clear that too much information was thrown at once, Chambrea sighed. "Their magic is inside the one that was blessed with the ability to turn into a cat...the only one being you."

Luigi stared at us in shock, "so we shouldn't attack these staff members?" Chambrea gave a small nod, "I'll leave you two to it then, good luck taking down your mother..."

She then disappeared and I picked up the briefcase and a button that sat beside it. "Wait...Hellen Gravely is your mother?!"

~•TimeSkip•~

After a long explanation of my past to Luigi he just stared at me in shock, "she's freed king boo, and lured us here to finish what Mario had destroyed!" We were now back in the basement. I gave a nod, I held the briefcase tightly and felt something inside rattle. We entered the lab and E gadd welcomed us back, "there you two are, you've kept an old man waiting, now hand me the briefcase." Carefully placing it in his lap, he opened it and smiled, taking out a tube that had a certain goo companion. "Since I'm now too old to catch ghosts, me and Y/n have created, what we call, Gooigi!"

E Gadd then jumped off his seat and spun me around before putting Gooigi in the poltergust and lead us out to a cage hanging above me. Luigi quickly moved and now I had became trapped. "W-what are you doing, E gadd?" Luigi stuttered out.

"Relax, Luigi," I stated, trying to ease his nerves, "now...watch and learn!" Luigi stared as my body became limp and Gooigi slithered out of the Poltergust. "Perfectly fine!" I chuckled as I jumped up. "I can switch back to whoever, make him retreat or have both of us running at the same time!"

Gooigi then came to life on his own and I went back to my body. "B-but what if he doesn't listen?" Luigi questioned. E Gadd chuckled, "he will listen all right, besides Y/n taught him everything!"

I smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment. "So, what would you like me to do, Y/n?"

"Go through the bars and see if there is a way to lift the cage," I mumbled, he nodded and went through the bars and looked over at a rotor. He was about to walk strait forward but saw a large puddle in his way, so he carefully moved around it and used the poltergust to blow on the rotor and lift the cage.

"It's amazing, no?" E gadd smiled happily, Gooigi then noticed his counterpart and hopped over. "You must be Luigi, your girlfriend Y/n has said so much about you!"

Luigi awkwardly smiled and shook hands, he too had a surprised look that no goo got in his gloves, "pleased to meet you, Gooigi!"

So after a bit more talking from E Gadd we were now on our way to placing the third floor button back in its place.

A/N: Sorry if  Chambrea's explanation was confusing...but every chapter after this with introduce Y/N's new cat forms