Chapter 10: cat got your tongue?

"What in the world-?" I tried to place the button inside of the elevator panel and a purple cat came and swallowed the button!

The cat walked off elegantly and fazed through the wall, "hey come back!" I tried yelling and only bumped into Luigi. "That cat wasn't you just now?"

"No, my eyes always glow white, it took the elevator button..." I stated, I then started to jog down the hallway, "come on we need to catch her!"

Gooigi decided to take a break and went into the poltergust whilst luigi ran after me. We entered the main room to see it in shambles, Ormr was seemingly looking around. "That cat is a menace!"

"I'm guessing it came through here?" Luigi asked, the cat nodded and started to sniff around. "You'll probably find her in the 3rd set...be careful though, polterkitty isn't as elegant as she seems."

Ormr then left for morty's room and I slowly opened the door with the '3' engraved on it. My eyes widened in surprise to see that everything was knocked over. A goob seemingly cleaning the mess.

Luigi didn't waste any time in capturing it and I felt with two more goobs wearing props. "It's going to take a long time with the dark light..." I mumbled, "I'll transform, then I'll be able to immediately see any tracks."

I became the cat dragon and quickly noticed the purple paw prints leading into one of the houses, so, to not bring any attention I signaled with my tail where the polterkitty was. Luigi nodded ans went inside, the cat swiftly escaped and I tackled her. Luigi then flashed her, and the once small cat became a large panther and shook me off quickly.

"Now what do we do?!" Luigi yelled in fear at the large animal sitting on a tree, she then started to move once Luigi turned his back. "Whatever you do, don't turn until I say!"

He nodded and tightly closed his eyes, the polterkitty then went into her attack pose and I immediately yowled, "now!"

Luigi twisted around and blinded the polterkitty and tried to capture her. However all he got was one of her three tails. The cat then returned to normal and fled. We quickly followed and saw her faze through the floor. "Let's get to that elevator!"

After a quick trip to the elevator I sat down and groomed myself, only to witness my body change the more we descended down into the garden suites. Green replaced the yellow on my body, the wings, horns and large fangs disappeared and plants blossomed all around me. "That was rather bizarre to watch..." Luigi chuckled.

"I guess that's what happens if I say as a cat in the elevator trip?" I awkwardly laughed. The elevator soon opened and I started to look around, no prints... "let's head forward."

We went up the stairs, after dealing with a bee hive full of mini goobs, and found the cat in the flower room. After taking another tail off we scaled up the floor more until we finally found her inside of the watermelon room.

After dealing with her one more time she coughed up the button in agonising pain and leaped up to another floor of the mansion. "Rats! We didn't catch her!" I growled in annoyance and turning back.

"At least we have the button now, we can go and progress through this horrid hotel." Luigi cheered and I let out a small laugh. "Alright, come on let's go."

I then feel a hand pull me back, Luigi heavily sighed and embraced me from behind, I melted into him and closed my eyes. "It feels like it's been too long since we've been alone like this..." he whispered.

"We're not really alone you know, Gooigi is right there," I pointed to his poltergust, which then shook. "Oh right, Sorry Gooigi!"

The doppelgänger then slithered out of his chambers and huffed, "thanks for leaving me out guys..." he grumbled. I rolled my eyes and gave him a hug, Luigi then joined in and made him feel better. "Ok, I feel a lot better now, let's go put this button back."

Chapters quite short because I wanted to do it separately from the last one, since that was at 2000 or so words.