Chapter 19: Mother doesn't know best

Luigi's PoV
The elevator doors opened and we stepped out into the master suites...this was it. Me and Y/n have gone through so much and hopefully this was now going to be the end!

Suddenly the elevator dropped down and Y/n looked down sucking air through her teeth, "that's a long way down..." she mumbled, I slowly walked around and Helen gravely showed up on a screen.

As soon as she noticed us her eyes grew wide, quickly dabbing on makeup, "Tch! How could my staff be so incompetent?! There's no way Luigi should of made it this far!" She growled, then looked directly at her daughter, "and you! You should be with king boo!"

"Well I'm not!" Y/n snapped back with attitude, "I'm never being with him!" Helen rolled her eyes and fixed her hair, "I suppose I underestimated you two and that professor...just a tad."

"Congratulations on making your way to the top! But that doesn't mean you've won," Helen said with a wide twisted grin, she was playing at something...

I narrowed my eyes at her, trying to hide my fear, "what are you talking about?" She let out a loud laugh. "This could be very, very good! You two are about to become the ultimate gift!"

"Once I capture you both and offer you to king boo, he'll be absolutely delighted with me!" She was sick in the head, I stared into her eyes and noticed something unusual, something I never saw before...was is guilt?

However I saw snapped of my thoughts as I heard a Yelp from my side, and suddenly Y/n had disappeared, she was now with Helen!

"Give her back!" I yelled at the crazy hotel owner, Helen only laughed at me. "Don't be stupid! Of course I'm not giving her back! Unless you come and get her!"

"But once you come here Luigi...you will also be displayed! Maybe king boo will decide to put you up next to this painting..."

Mario...my eyes grew wide with fear and tears were ready to form, I've missed my brother so much....

"Luiiiiigi! If you want to save Mario and your precious Y/n, you'll have to come find me!" Helen beckoned with a hand.

Y/n then pushed herself to the screen, "I know you can get here Luigi!" She yelled, "don't give up! I love you, and so does Mario, we are counting on you!"

Helen pushed her back violently and the screen turned off, I stood there in utter shock, "Y-Y/n...Mario..."

How can I do this? I won't be able to do this without Y/n! Then my poltergust started to shake and out cake Gooigi.

"What are you waiting for?" He stated, I looked at him with defeat, "how can I do this...?" The green ego looked at me with half lided eyes, "I'll help of course! Y/n was my fist friend that I made and she was able to help me speak!"

I felt a lot better as Gooigi walked towards the large door that had appeared, "now could you open this for us? Cause my hands just go through it..."

Y/n's PoV
"Why are you doing this to me?!" I yelled at my mother, who had just placed my poltergust on the opposite side of the room to me, I had no chance to retrieve it as she also tied my hands behind my back.

"All you needed to do was to marry the king and we would be rich and happy!" Helen snapped at me.

My eyes flared in anger, "you used to love me! Why did you become like this?!" Helen didn't give an answer, she stared at me with contemplating eyes, I saw sadness for the first time in years...