The Shopping District

Scar

     The mayor was standing in the front of the town hall, gazing at the land he had gained control of. Scar had won- no been elected into power by the rest of the hermits because of the simple promise that he would rid the island of its Mycelium. The grass was now a pure grass green, and the shops littered around the large island added to the beauty of the newly renovated island. Scar sat on the stairs and sighed. The biggest task was over, now he could have some time to himself.

    He was just about to fly away when, he heard someone, or something say something that eerily sounded like his name. He turned towards the sound to find poor Mumbo Jumbo, laying on the ground, dirty and weak.

     "Oh my god! Mumbo, are you okay!" Scar ran towards the thin man. Mumbo groaned as he tried to get up, he had ran out of food a lot time ago.

     "Where did you go, you could've called us!" Scar stated. He was mad at how stupid Mumbo had acted. Mumbo groaned in reply, trying to get words out of his mouth.

     "fooood...." The poor man uttered. Scar opened his inventory and immediately gave a stack of his carrots to Mumbo. Mumbo gulped down ten of the carrots and sighed, he was finally feeling better. 

     "Sorry if I gave you a scare." Mumbo said. He had gotten up to shake Scar's hand, but scar left him hanging. Scar was very angry, what if Mumbo had died, even if he could just respawn, the process was still painful, and the pain would have been a permanent scar on Mumbo's body, Scar would have known. Scar was just about to lecture Mumbo on his irresponsibility when Bdoubleo came from who knows where.

     "Hello there Scar and Mumbo! How are you!" He asserted. He was in a jolly mood, and his positive mood must have rubbed onto Scar, who nodded with a simple but jolly hello. Mumbo also replied, but instead of waving back to Bdubs, he collapsed. Bdubs caught Mumbo and Scar took out some water he had saved for his project. Scar dumped the water over Mumbo and he woke up with a loud yelp.   

Mumbo

     "Why did you do that!!!" Mumbo complained. He hadn't gotten a good night's sleep the last time he slept, and the fact that he had to walk one thousand blocks to get back, without any food didn't help his cause.

     "If you want to sleep, do it in a bed!" Bdubs replied. Bdubs was an expert on dreams and sleeping, but anyone could have given him the same answer. Mumbo nodded at his friends as he started packing back up. Scar had given him a stack of rockets and an unenchanted pair of elytra, which would be enough to last him till he got home. Scar and Bdoubleo waved bye as Mumbo finally took flight again.

(Thank you to Juicealyn for being the first reader of this story! It means a lot to me. I also tried making this chapter a bit longer, but I honestly couldn't. Since this is the first week that I am writing, I do plan to publish chapters a bit more than usual, so enjoy! Feedback is always appreciated)