Mom?

???

     "Well, are you not going to hug me?" She said, her voice as delicate as a piece of glass. She walked away from the portal that had just appeared from the ground a minute ago. It seemed as if she was wearing light, and the particles in the background added to the effect. Grian stood in fear of what he had just seen, how was his mom alive?

Grian

     "Mom, how are you alive?" Grian asked, a mixed feeling of joy and fear. He was hiding behind Mumbo, but when he noticed the distinct hair colour, he knew it was his mother.

     "Honey, I thought you would be more happy to see me? Come here, I want to give you a hug," Grian's mother replied, a smile as big as her face plastered on her skin. Grian didn't budge. It's not everyday your mother comes back alive.

     "Wait a minute? Grian, your mother is an Aetheren?" Xisuma broke the silence. Aetherens were really rare, and to see one is considered a gift, and to even be related to on is a one in a billion chance. Xisuma had researched Aetherens for a great part of his life, and he knew so much about them. It was always a dream to meet one. The woman nodded and Xisuma jumped in joy. It was almost like seeing kid meet his favourite superhero.

     On the other end of the spectrum was Mumbo. Something was off about the woman, and he didn't like how she was looking at Grian. To others it would look like a mother looking at her son in affection, but to Mumbo, it was a trap, and if he didn't react, Grian was going to fall into it.

     His 'mom' held her hands out, silently waiting for Grian to hold it. Grian slowly walked up to her, and right when it seemed they were barely inches away from each other, someone reacted.

     "Wait, Grian, stop!" Mumbo said. The atmosphere seemed more suffocating, and the Aetheren frowned.

     "Why are you even here? How do we know, that you aren't in disguise?" Mumbo finally got out of his mouth. You could have been able to feel the fear as he blurted those words out. The Aetheren looked at him, her anger fading away.

     "Oh, you must be Mumbo Jumbo, your Grian's best friend, aren't you? You would be surprised to hear this, but Grian talks about you a lot." She gave a genuine smile. As fast as a lightning strike, Mumbo's opinion changed on the woman. To Mumbo, compliments are huge for him, and they were his weakness. Grian seemed to be blushing really hard at what his mother had just said. 

     "Oh yeah, you may call me Thalia, it's great to meet you all! I promise you that I am a friend, and I only wanted to see my son again, and to talk to him, I promise." Thalia announced to the hermits.

What the Hermits didn't know was that Thalia was in fact, not Grian's mother 

(Alright guys, its been a while, but it's finally out, sorry for the late updates, but I also have school, and it clashes with the time I have to make chapters. This story is really chaotic, but I love it, and I hope you guys do too!)