It's About the Principle

Grian

A bright light shone over Grian as he woke up from his unpleasant slumber. As his vision became less and less blurry, Grian noticed two silhouettes in front of him. One was of a woman who carried wings on her back. She resembled a majestic bird. Next to her was a man. His wings were not as pleasing, as they looked like a bat's. He looked down to find himself in different clothes, or robes. As he gained consciousness, he noticed a heavy weight on his back. As he turned his head towards the weight the woman spoke.

"I recommend you don't look at them, it's not time yet." Her voice was like the ocean. As Grian turned to face the pair he noticed the shadow he cast over them. His heart fell. There was his shadow, but instead of a small little man, he saw a bird. A majestic, powerful, beautiful bird.

"What am I?" Grian whispered, his eyes fixed on the shadow.

"It is not your time to know." The man said, his voice was a bit gravely, but it was very calming.

"We have come here to warn you. Not everyone is your friend, remember that. You will soon encounter one who loved you, and soon after that death. Do not be worried, we assure you that you won't remember a thing, which is why we wanted to give you this," The man said. He placed a book in Grian's trembling hands. Grian flipped the book to find many empty pages. 

"There's nothing on there," Grian replied.

"Only once one has faced death can one see the truth." The woman replied. Grian shuddered. He was going to die for the first time in his life, and it wasn't going to be pretty.

"I see you have understood what we want you to do. Don't be alarmed, and face death like the man you are, we are always watching," The woman finally said. As Grian's vision slowly diminished, he caught two words that he wish he could have heard again.

"Goodbye son."

Grian woke up again to the sight of an abandoned warehouse.

"What are you doing?" He had noticed the ropes that tied his body to the chair he had woken up in. Grian was confused, how did he get here?

"What do you mean, I'm getting revenge," Grumbot whispered. Grian shuddered at the sudden tone.

'Revenge? What did I ever do to you?!" Grian blurted, he knew he shouldn't have said that, he could have triggered the robot. He was losing the battle, and it hadn't even started.

Grumbot smiled at the small man. He shook his head and laughed.

"It's about the principle my dear," Grumbot took an axe from the table behind him, and he swung it with all his might.

Grian was killed by Grumbot using Revenge

(Hey guys, almost forgot, I'm not going to be active until January. I'm going to be spending time with my family and friends, and honestly I've lost all the patience to write this book. No I'm not going to discontinue it, I just need a break. I'll see y'all soon. Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!! Suggestions are always welcome. Stay safe!)