chapter 47: march 13

Okay guys, I don't know if you can see this, but on the cover, the phone is ringing and it says 'Keefe ❤️' on it and the contact picture is Keefe! It took me a little bit to set that up, (excuse the small phone) but I love the result.

Enjoy!

*Sophie POV*

BRINGGGGGGG! The bell rings through the halls and I flinch. No matter how many times I hear it, I can never get used to the sound.

I head into the locker rooms and get my stuff, changing quickly and filling up my water. 

"Okay, class. You all know about the new virus in China. Well it's coming here. Our governor still has yet to make the executive decision, but there is a high possibility that we will be suspending school until April 24."

The class cheers. 

"But for now, let's play Capture the Flag, come on people, have some energy!" Everyone gets up reluctantly and grabs a penny. 

Yellow. Great. I know nobody on my team. 

"Hey, Foster," Keefe walks over to me in his green penny. 

"Hey," I sigh. "You guys are going to completely destroy us. You and Daniel! We have no chance."

"Someone's competitive I see. Want to beat your boyfriend?"

"Wait, that should totally be a TV show! It's so catchy! Want to Beat Your Boyfriend? It could be like a game show where they do competitions, girlfriend vs. boyfriend! That needs to be a thing!"

"Okay, Foster, settle down. Good idea though," he puts a hand on my shoulder. "Ready to get annihilated?"

"You wish, boyfriend."

"It's on," Keefe backs into his side of the court and I back into mine. 

TWEEET!

Keefe lunges at me, and I lunge at him. A few others are dancing along the line, trying to annoy the other team, (it works).  I step to the side and try to lure Keefe out, but he sees my plan and takes the opportunity to run.  

But I'm one step ahead. I run at an angle, (thank you, Algebra!) and intercept him right before he crosses the line with our flag. 

"I deceived you!" I yell, pointing at Keefe. 

"Not fair!" he whines. "Please, Foster, please let me go! Let me-"

"PRINCIPAL ALINA SPEAKING! GOVERNOR NEWSOM HAS MADE THE EXECUTIVE DECISION TO CLOSE SCHOOLS IN CALIFORNIA UNTIL THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR! BECAUSE WE ARE SO FAR AHEAD OF THE REST OF THE STATE IN ACADEMICS, WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO DO ANY TEACHING FOR THE REST OF THE SEMESTER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. TODAY WILL BE THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL, AND ALL OF YOUR THINGS WILL BE AT THE FRONT DESK IN A CUBBY LABELED WITH YOUR NAME. THANK YOU," the intercom clicks off and there's cheering from the other classrooms. 

"Oh yeah, uhuh, oh yeah, no school!" Keefe is leading a line of kids chanting the same thing. "Corona is the best, corona is the best!"

"You won't be saying that for long," I mutter. "Tam was right, something bad did happen."

I get up and go to the bleachers to collect my stuff along with the remainder of the class (that being the people who aren't going crazy with Keefe). 

"That is crazy," Marella says, appearing beside me. "Now I can't watch my favorite anime with Tam and Linh!"

"That's what you guys are doing? It all makes perfect sense now," I rub my chin, "what's it called?"

"Avatar. It's so amazing!" she squeals.

"I guess you could watch it over facetime," I suggest.

"NO! I could never do such a thing! It's completely disrespectful! I guess I'll just watch the Andre Bishop movie."

"Huh?"

"You know what, nevermind that."

"Okay class," the teacher wipes down the whiteboard, "since it is almost time for school to be dismissed, you may go." Everyone rushes out of the gym immediately. 

"Thank you! Have a great quarantine!" I call out.

"You too!"

I rush out and head straight to my locker, saying my goodbyes to teachers and whatnot on my way. After gathering everything from my locker, I go to the office and turn in my textbooks in return for all of my completed work from all my classes, including my report card.

"Straight A's, yes!" I cheer silently to myself. Luckily for me, my worst class, chemistry, was cut short and I managed to get through without a scratch. "Thank you Principal Alina, have a great break," I shake hands with her then head out to the foyer, where the crew is chatting.

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much!" Biana cries, hugging everyone.

"Hopefully this doesn't last long and we can go back to school in the fall," Dex says, clutching Linh's hand. 

"I wish we all rode the bus together, but my parents are picking us up," Fitz runs a hand through his hair.

"Bye guys!" Linh crashes into me with a rib crushing hug. 

"Bye, Linh!" I embrace her back, and then give everyone else the same. "I just had the greatest idea! We should keep track of the events that happen during break! Like..." I think for a moment, "quarantine diaries!" 

"That's actually a good idea," Tam says.

"Once everything ends, we'll show them to everyone else!" Dex interjects.

"We should make a group chat!" Marella screams, pulling out her phone.

"Yes!" we get to work entering in numbers. "What should we call it?"

"Umm," I look around the foyer (as if it'll give me inspiration).

"Keeper Crew?" Keefe suggests.

"How did you come up with that?" I ask at the same time Marella says,

"I like it."

"I'm a keeper, duh," Keefe smirks.

"Okay..." I title the chat. "I should probably get going. I 'm gonna miss you guys," I smile sadly at my friends.

"Bye, Foster," Keefe opens his arms, and I clutch his torso. "I'll see you again, don't worry," he laughs softly and kisses my forehead.  

I separate from him and wave one last time. "Later, looser!" he calls as I head out the door. I turn my upper body and salute him before exiting the school and heading into the warm March air.

"I'll miss you."

Honestly, I really loved this chapter. Now, this may seem like an ending (to part one) but I assure you, (hopefully you're happy about this) we still have a few things to cover before the first part ends.

Have a nice day! (not edited)