Foreclosure

Ellesmere very carefully levered up an eyelid and shut it again fast. A merciless sunbeam had squirted straight in, making her brain bleed. Her head felt like elephants were doing the merengue on her cerebellum.

The lovely effects of champagne were quite gone and only the nasty tastes were left in her mouth. The splitting ache in her brow and the impotence of not being able to clarify what had happened the night before.

Champagne and Benzerine, never again!

Her head hurting from trying to recall what had happened.

Suddenly it all came running back, " Oh man, what have I done. I never really meant any harm. All I wanted was have a good time." She thought to herself.

She felt quite embarrassed. She had acted like most of the strippers in a vodak bar. Though one part of herself was quite happy, finally she had gotten a chance to express her true feelings to Brian.

" Hope he understood me ? I don't want him to think l'm cheap or anything." She told herself, heading to the shower.

She was going to pay him a visit. Either way, she had plans to convince him to take her back. By hook or crook.

                    ~~~***~~~

His mind was as turbulent as the wind and burbulent as the ocean waves.

Childhood memories that seemed like airplane luggages. No matter how far he had travelled or how long he needed them to last, he was only left with two bags - pain and deception. Though those bags held a few hazy recollections; getting a star wars model on Christmas Eve with his dad and step mum as a little boy, being pushed on a swing set, the way it felt to be kissed by his mum as a little baby. It didn't seem enough to last a lifetime.

He remembered all the beautiful times. Having his first kiss on a rollercoaster, fighting with his friends over which of the duchess of Hazards were their girlfriends to dances in highschool.

Those were the good times. Happiness for him had been cut short ever since he left highschool. He had rejected other girls to be with Ellesmere but what did he get, nothing but betrayal.

And when he wanted to start over, she came pushing down the guard to his heart once again. How cruel.

" What's up, dude ? How'd it go yesterday ?" Errol Matias asked.

" Not cool dude. I was busy, you know." Brian replied, looking quite startled.

Errol Matias was Brian's closest friend and colleague . He knew almost everything that went on in his life. Part of  the reasons why Brian couldn't give up too easily when Ellesmere had left him.

" So I'm sorry for that. I better go get busy as well." Errol said taking his leave.

" Nah.... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted that way. It's just that am not in the mood and have got a lot on my plate." Brian said, throbbing his head.

" Not so easily though. You owe me a drink and lunch also." Errol said twitching a smile.

"Sure. Anything for you bro." Brian replied.

"So you haven't answered my questions but from what I see, it didn't go well." Errol said, eager to know what went on last night between Brian and Ellesmere.

" Good guessing." Brian said, narrating everything that happened since the minute he met Ellesmere.

"Woaw! Bro, so what you gonna do about it ? Do you want to be a bedmate or a lover ?" Errol said jokingly hoping Brian would respond.