Serendipity

I think we have had enough of Tessa's POV .

Let's move onto Brian, shall we ?

B R I A N

~flashback~

Brian had just returned from work. He had been talking to Tessa for weeks and it was awesome. Each time she cracked jokes about him, he felt butterflies in his stomach.

Awaiting anxiously for her presence online, Brian took care of all his work before dinner. When he was done, he looked up at the clock that hung up on the floral sea green wall.

It was almost 10pm, and still there was no sign that Tessa would show up. He knew she was practically a night owl, since she never slept early but the fact that she wasn't online like she normally did was different.

He waited a little longer. The clock hit 11 but there was still no sign of Tessa.

Maybe she is busy. He muttered to himself.

The clock hit 12 am and that was Brian's cue to go to sleep. Reluctantly hoping she'd come online the next day, he messaged her. " Hey Elsa. Didn't come online today ? Taking a break from social media tonight I guess. I'll see you tomorrow. Good luck ahead of the new day."

Afterwards he jumped into his king sized bed pulling the fluffy pillows under his head for proper support.

" Goodnight Tessa, wherever you are." He said falling asleep after a few moments of tossing and turning.

The following night was almost the same so Brian didn't bother to send another message, well not until two days later.

" Hey Elsa. Haven't heard from you in days ? Don't know if I should be worried. Please text me when you see this." He wrote after awhile of walking to and fro the room, brain storming reasons why she wouldn't have been online for the previous days. Something he knew was definitely part of her daily schedule.

From that night onwards, Brian sent several doses of messages pondering and more worried about her whereabouts unknown to him that she was busy figuring out ways to put her life back on track after three long years of terrible experiences.

Tessa was now certainly a very important part of his life but he didn't think he'd become so attached, unable to do without her on a daily basis.

She had made a beautiful soft spot, her place in his heart. Something he hadn't allowed anyone else a place after Ellesmere's betrayal.

Each day he would send her a brand new message ranging from all his set of thoughts.

" Did I upset her or is she just preoccupied with work ?" He had asked himself one day when a sudden thought of Tessa dropped his his mind.

The previous day he had read in the newspaper about the kidnapping of a group of young ladies. That day he said his prayers hoping Tessa wasn't among them.

He missed talking to her maybe it was inconsiderate but he couldn't help but feel saddened by the fact that she wasn't responding to his messages.

He was getting terribly worried and he himself knew it. The fact that almost all his co workers had come up to him asking if he was sick or anything was wrong, was an evidence.

He had sent several messages through out the two weeks and none came back replied. He had no idea what to do. He didn't know her address, except the fact that she lived in Los Angeles. He had no phone number or even a mail to teach out to her with.