Life outside.

" Good morning, ma'am." Gemina said, heading to the kitchen as Tessa yawns again.

" Do you know where Ken went this early ? " Tessa said with a quizzed look.

" No, ma'am. Have got no idea but he said something about The Parker's coming over for dinner this evening." Gemina replied.

" Oh ..... That's true. I almost forgot. Thank you, Gem." Tessa said, smiling. Finally, for the first time in months, Ken was allowing his wife have contact with the outside world.

Has he changed or he's just taking a brief break to avoid suspicions from the neighbors? Well, either ways she was going to make much use of this opportunity. As they say, opportunity comes but once. Tessa said to herself before leaving for the shower.

" Am home, sweetie." That was the sound of alert - Ken had returned from wherever he had gone.

" Hey, babe. I'd come on join you soon." He said as he placed the gift bag tagged 'Trish luck' on the bed. Just before he could come in, Tessa comes out of the shower  , her body wrapped around a towel having her name on it.

Like always she was looking so beautiful. Her black jet hair, which had shrunk while getting wet, all resting on her perfectly complexioned body except parts of her back was quite darkened from the scares Ken had given her.

" Oh shit ! You are done already. I wanted to admire my wife in the shower." He said pulling off his shirt with a nasty grim creeping up his chin.

" I was done before you came in. Just had to wash my hair." Tessa said moving towards the closet. She knew Ken was always up for nasty play. He would always stroll his fingers down her neck or trolling his nose down from her thighs up to her body without her consent.She just couldn't afford that form of sexual harassment, she had to get dressed as soon as possible, she thought pushing open the closet door quickly.

Soon, Tessa emerged from the closet dressed in a Palin seamless short gown just reaching up to her knees.

She had to prepare for the dinner, as she hadn't made any plans all week.
The decorations, food, drinks .

Literally everything had to be prepared, after all this was her first chance in entertaining a neighbor. She would need all the help she could get as their first meeting wasn't such an happy occasion so at least the second deserves to be better.

**********

It was finally time ! The doorbell rang a couple of times before Ken and Tessa made their way downstairs. Tessa was wearing the dress, her husband had bought for her earlier that day. She looked pretty but quite tired.

" Welcome to our home, Mr and Mrs Parker." Ken said gesturing them to come into the house. They were not alone though, a beautiful young lady was with them as well. It was really really beautiful, the lights and decorations Tessa had put up made it seem like the whole neighborhood was invited for dinner.

"Did Tessa do this ?" Penny asked,    shaking Ken. He nodded proudly and just then, giving Tessa a kiss on the cheek. "It's beautiful, isn't it ?"

" This is Valerie, my neice from Los Angeles." Harris said introducing the lady to everyone.

"Nice to meet you." Ken said shaking hands while Tessa smiled brutely as she proceeded.

" Please, come over." Tessa said gesturing them  to a set of wooden chairs surrounding a beautifully sculpted dining table. This was the table that held most mails but today, it had been transformed quite beautifully.

" Dinner is ready!  And it's warm as well." Tessa said, as she placed a variety of dishes in the middle of the table before taking her sit. From the homemade lasagna to the pasta and bongalese sauce, a whole grilled chicken, appetizers like apple pie to drinks, it made it quite hard for anyone to choose.