That ain't good.

Surprise, surprise....

K E N's POV

" This shouldn't be happening," Ken sighed. "how could you have let her out of your sight ?" He said to the bodyguards.

" Sorry boss. We had some apple pie and fell asleep." One of the heavy bodyguards said to Ken over the phone.

" Really ? Apple pie ? I see." Ken sighed.

" Yes sir." They replied.

" I'll be back in Los Angeles in two days. Prepare for my arrival." Ken said.

" And let no one out of your sight." He instructed as he cut off the line.

" The big boss is really upset !" One of the guys exclaimed.

" Amd where's that cook ? She must know something."

" Oh yes. But not too soon." Another guy said.

" Yeah the boss said not to let anyone out of our sight including her."

" You two keep an eye on the old lady, I'll be back soon." He said.

" Sure boss." The other two bodyguards responded.

" Now go." The commander hurled.

" Yes boss." They said as they both assembled in front of all the house exits.

Many more soldiers were deployed  into the premises, each taking their positions at every door and window exits.

         ~~~~~Two days later~~~~~

A very worried Ken arrived at Los Angeles state airport from his trip to Japan.

" Welcome sir." The chief in-charge at the private investigation agency Ken had hired said saluting.

" Thank you." Ken responded.

" So what have you found out so far ?" He asked as they say in a black tinted mercedes amg as they left the airport.

" Well sir." The chief sighed.

" Well what ? You all better start doing your job, if not so I'll simply relief you of your duty." Ken said as he burned in anger.

" You know I have my ways." He glared.

" Sorry sir," The chief summoned the courage to say.

" We'll try our outmost best to get to the bottom of this."

As the chief looked down in shame, Ken couldn't help but think about how Tessa had grabbed the courage to free herself from his shielded protection.

" How'd this happen ?" Ken asked.

" Our investigation shows that the guards had been drugged causing them to fall asleep." The chief answered.

" Really ?" Ken said surprisingly. " Did you find out how she got hold of the drugs she used to spike the food ?" He asked admonished.

" No sir. The chief said with a disappointed grin up in his face has he stroked his moustache.

" What about the old lady ?" Ken asked again looking far more worried that he had ever been.

" You mean the maid ?" The commander said.

" Yes. Gemina. What about her ?" Ken requested answers.