Setting sail

Dedicated to dianekleine

Sometimes you just have to
Look deep enough.
You'll always find that joy, the
peace of mind
you had always hoped for.

- Anonymous

It had been exactly three weeks since they first had a proper conversation.

" I am not that interesting of a person as  she is." Leaving no curiosity left in him to know her.

" You can never know a person completely, even in a whole lifetime." Read a quote by shakespeare.

But maybe he hadn't thoroughly studied a person like Brian had. He was satisfied with how much they'd gotten to know each other  in those few weeks.

Scrolling up to their old chats, Brian concluded she was surely one of the most important person to him. He scoffed at it, even the thought of it.

How easily he got attached to a stranger in a matter of weeks.

She made him happier, cracking the silliest of jokes and comparing his IQ to that of a university professor.

Brian sat up and thought. That's all which is left to do.

Thinking. But not overthinking. He didn't bother to change his appearance or attitude with her - unlike when he was with Ellesmere.

This time, he was being himself. It never mattered to her, maybe mainly because they hadn't met for real but it felt okay either ways.

There will be a day when you stop spending time with her, all of a sudden. When she sees you walking away chatting with someone else. When your social media updates are filled with someone new. When you aren't the first one to text her anymore. When you don't run after her. When you don't live up to what you said about her being the most important. And she is left wondering what went wrong. That's how Brian felt as he resonated the words. When he was still down in his depression state back two weeks ago, he read a book and that was how he came across those words.

Now Tessa or Elsa has he liked to call her, had taught him never to look back and whine about things he could've had but didn't. She reminded him basically about how life's happiness depended on taking full advantage of the present to have peace.

" There's always something different to look forward to, or better, who can say." She told him once during their deep talk sessions.

Now work was definitely going well. His abilities at his peak. Errol still hadn't come back from his trip to Europe.

The only thing that kept him busy was work and Tessa. She had occupied a place in his life and their friendship was booming.

*******

Meanwhile Tessa too was jumping for joy. In all her years of starting something, she had never felt happier for the decision she took weeks back.

The only regrets she had was lying. Lying about her identity. The fact that she was married. Hurt. And physically abused.

Tessa didn't feel the need to talk about  the ship of relationships she had herself stuck in. Though Brian told her all about his past life, family and even relationships, she still couldn't summon the courage to tell him. She simply cut it out and when her thoughts wondered back to reality, she'd simply cage them back with the hope of a perfectly defined relationship with Brian.