25. The First Act

A/N you asked so you shall receive! Two updates in one day! It's another tease so i apologise in advance but I love the chase just as much 😎

Aster's POV

Harper sips at her drink, her own spiked with something sweet and strong im sure. Her mood is considerably high, she's chatting up a moderately handsome wizard. I absentmindedly listen to their conversation, while sipping at my third drink this hour. My mind has been distracted, both on Draco and the oddness of seeing Blaise chatting animatedly with Pansy.

Pansy's hands keep drifting towards Blaise's arms, pushing his shoulder playfully. Blaise doesn't respond but instead just laughs and carries on with the conversation. He looks relaxed but every now and then I see his gaze drift towards Harper. I don't really think he understands how to play this game.

Harper has avoided Pansy since she got here, not even giving her the pleasure of acknowledgement. It would be quite humorous if I wasn't caught in the middle of it.

I've been watching Draco slyly for the past hour, he's nestled himself in a booth on the opposite side of the bar, one that's completely within eye-view of my position right now. I lift my drink up to my lips and slowly sip on the cold liquid all while sneaking a glance. His arm is draped round the top of the leather booth, and he chats happily to Crabbe and Goyle while Montague flirts with a girl at the edge of his seat.

He always looks so in control of them all, they follow his conversation with wonder, laughing at his jokes and nodding their heads in agreement. He obviously seems to revel in their attention. He's quite bewitching to watch when he's exuding so much confidence.

He's wearing a long sleeve black button up, tucked into black jeans. His pale hair flops attractively onto his forehead.

I sip until my glass is empty. Harper rattles on about her excitement for The Hobgoblins to the poor fella that's donned her attention. They should be starting soon, so I tap Harper on the shoulder and motion to my empty glass. She nods before I head towards the bar.

The bar is busier than before so I have to wait until the bartender can serve me. I order another drink, and tap my fingers impatiently on the sticky wooden bar top.

"I can get you an alcoholic one if you would rather" a smooth voice appears to my side.

Draco leans his side against the bar, and looks me up and down his pupils wide.

"I've got my own provisions" I answer, tapping the flask still nestled in my boot.

His eyes drift down my legs slowly and stop to wear my fingers tap. My body shivers under his stare.

"Should you really be here seen talking to me?" I murmur, loud enough that he can hear me over the loud music.

He turns his body towards the bar.

"They can't see me from here" he answers simply.

I nodd, grateful that he can't see my red cheeks in the dim lighting.

He steps closer towards me, placing his left foot behind my right. Suddenly, I feel his cool hands feather themselves up the inside of my leg and up my thigh.

"You look really hot tonight" he whispers into my ear from behind me.

I have to stop myself from gasping at his touch and his boldness.

His fingers continue up my thigh and then brush the underside of my bum cheek.

"Are you not wearing any underwear?" he murmurs hotly in my ear.