47. Naïve

Aster's POV

He was so close to me that for a quick second I couldn't breath. He looked incredible tonight, his white shirt underneath his dress robes was fitted so tightly I couldn't help but admire the way his muscles tensed underneath.

"You have to go home now" he hissed under his breath. His breathing was becoming heavier and his eyes were now a dark silver. The air in the small corridor suddenly shifted, and I watched as his eyes narrowed and he rolled his shoulders back angrily.

"I'm not just going home, I had to do a lot to get here" I mumbled back.

He cornered me against the closed door and slammed one hand above my head. He was towering over me now, his breath still heavy but now his eyes looked drunk.

"Flint, you can't do this. If you do this, I'm not helping you. I'll act like you don't exist. Is that what you want?"

The words cut deep and I could feel my heart pick up in rhythm and pace.

"If that's really what you want to do, then fine. I can't stand around and let this happen." I huffed, my patience with him was starting to thin.

He leaned closer to me and I felt the air snatch away from my lungs. He smelt so good, like peppermint and fire whiskey. Instantly, I was taken back to his bed at Hogwarts, I could already feel his large soft hands on my body.

"They won't want you. He won't want you, you're a half blood" he coldly said against my lips.

I tried to press myself further into the door behind me. I tried to not look at his lips, instead I trained my eyes to his.

"Harper's a half-blood and I know she's helping you guys" I said with as much conviction I could muster. Saying her name had started to become difficult, it was like spitting out a curse word that you had been forbidden to ever say.

This time I saw his eyes flicker.

He pulled away and the cool air turned thinner around us.

"I didn't realise you knew" he muttered awkwardly.

"I don't want to talk about her. I'm just saying, she's a half blood so why can't I be involved too?"

He looked away from me then, his hand going instantly to his neck.

"What are you doing here though? Why tonight?" he asked me, a hint of wariness was peaking through his question.

"My Uncle wanted to introduce me to your father of all people"

His eyes shot up at that one.

"No," he stated.

"You don't want me to meet your father? What are you embarrassed of me? Is it my dress?" I teased awkwardly, patting down my dress against my thighs.

My joke didn't ease the tension, instead Draco's eyes were lit with fury, his jaw clenched and his fists balled at his sides.

"You are not doing this Aster" he demanded.

"I don't have to listen to you" I said back, I raised my voice this time and my words echoed down the corridor and into the darkness.

I was done with this conversation, I was getting nowhere with him. I thought he would help me, but obviously I was wrong.

I twisted round and pushed the door open. He didn't follow, so instead I walked back into the Ballroom and searched for someone familiar. The entire room seemed dull, the only light coming from the high eclectic chandeliers hanging from the tall ceilings. Pure Blood families milled around the tables of champagne and desserts. I spotted Pansy waltzing with Montague in the middle of the black and white tiled floor. No one paid any attention to me as I hovered to one side, covered by the tall desserts piled on one table.