Chapter 22- Believe In Me

*Connor's P.O.V.*

I ran. I ran as fast as I could to catch up to her. I was happy, upset, and speechless at the same time. I felt like I was going to throw up. Everything seemed so blury...and then I saw her sitting on a bench outside. Crying.

"Dani, that's seriously not what it looked like, I promise you." I said, as I sat down and wrapped my arms around her.

"Don't lie to me Connor! I know what I saw! I shouldn't have stayed back home. I should have come along. I knew something like this was going to happen." She said, as she pulled my arm away from her.

"You really think I'd do this on purpose?!" I said, standing up. "Dani, I love you! I would never cheat on you! Megan showed up and pulled me on top of her! I tried to get up, but she kept pushing me down."

"And how am I supposed to believe that...huh? How am I supposed to believe that you didn't cheat on me?" She said, as she stood up also.

"Because I'm your boyfriend..." I said, taking both her hands in mine and starring straight into her soul. "Why would I ever lie to you...? I love you..."

"Do you really..? Or are you just saying that to fix everything....?" She said, pulling away slowly.

I was losing her again. This can't happen.

"No! Dani...I'm telling you the truth! You can ask any of the guys. They saw it. Really....please don't be upset..." I said, taking her hand.

"I don't....I don't know what to believe in anymore, Connor." She said, as a tear fell down her face. This time, she didn't let go of my hand.

I wiped away her tear and held her close. "Believe me when I btell you that you're the only girl that actually means something to me. That actually makes me feel like i'm needed in this world. You don't know how happy I am to see you right now. I've missed you so much, and now, I can finally kiss you." I said, as I pulled her even closer, and kissed her deeply.

She kissed me back, softly. I missed her. I missed her so much, and this really wasn't how I wanted her to see me. I really hated Megan, and I was happy that Dani showed up. I finally got to escape.

"I miss you..." She said looking up at me, more tears falling down her face.

I wiped them off and kissed her lightly again. "I miss you too baby...but were together, right here. Right now. And that's all that matters."

We stood there for a long time. Holding eachother and kissing, like it should be. Danielle doesn't deserve any of this. Megan will never understand the fact that I have moved on, and so does she. At least I got to see Danielle, which made me the happiest person on this earth. She's all I could ever ask for.

"Well, now that that's over..." She said, wiping away the remaining tears and looking up at me. "I say we spend the rest of the night together. I have so much to tell you." She said, holding onto my hand and we started walking.

"Believe me, so do I." I said, as I winked, and we walked along the sidewalk.