Chapter 17- Losing Her

*Adrimel's P.O.V*

She told me everything. Everything that had happened between her and Connor. I couldn't believe it. How could a guy be so rude? It had never happened to me, but I was scared that something like this was going to happen with Braiden, but I tried to push it out of my mind.

"Everything was going fine until you left. He never texted me or anything." She said, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I'm sorry Dani. I'm sure he didn't mean to do what he did. Maybe you should talk to him and ask him what happened?" I said, as I passed her a tissue.

"Well he called me and texted me a billion times last night, I just didn't want to talk to him."

"Well now you're going to." I said, as I grabbed her phone from the counter and passed it to her. "Here, you're gonna need this." And sure enough, she dialed his number.

_______________________________________________________________________

                                                           *Connor's P.O.V.*

I was waiting anxiously. Waiting for her to call me. I knew if I tried to call her, she wouldn't answer. Doesn't surprise me though. I just needed her. Then after a few seconds, my phone rang. It was her.

"Hello?" I said, as I picked up the phone.

"Umm, hey." She said. Her voice was soft, but also sounded tired.

"Listen, I need to talk to you about last night. I didn't stand you up, really."

"Really Connor? Then what was it? Because right now I don't wanna deal with any of this crap." I was losing her. No. I can't.

"Please, can I come over? I really wanna talk." I said, hopefully.

"Yeah. Whatever." She said, then hung up.

It was a rainy day. It had been raining for the past few days and it wouldn't clear up. It's as if the weather knew how I was feeling, and wanted to make it worse. I walked up to her door and knocked three times. Please god. Let her understand.

The door opened, and there I saw her. She was wearing a blue t-shirt with shorts. Her hair was in a bun, and her eyes looked puffy. She was crying, and it was all my fault. "Hey." She said, not making eye contact.

"Hey." I said, as I dug my hands into my pockets. "Listen, about last night. I was on a walk, thinking about things. I was getting ready and I decided to lay down for a few. I didn't know I was going to fall asleep. Then, I just did. I'm sorry. Please don't think it was something else. That was it." I said, as I took a deep breath and looked at her.

She looked confused, but then looked at me. "Listen Connor, I don't need you to lie just to make it sound better. I know you were with Megan. I'm not stupid. So if you'll excuse me..." She said, as she was about to close the door. No. No no no. I opened the door and looked at her.

"You really think I was with Megan? Why would you even think that?!" I said.

"Because if you had the chance to be with her, you know you would! Don't lie to yourself Connor!" She said, as a tear fell down her face.

"Dani...I wasn't with her I pro-" I said, then she interrupted me.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore Connor. I'll text you later." She said, then she shut the door on my face.

I can't believe this. I can't believe she thinks I was with Megan. It wasn't true! She won't even listen to me! I'm losing her, and I didn't want to. Everything was going downhill. Everything. So I went home, and I wrote a song. A song I knew would win her back. I grabbed my guitar, then sneaked over to her house at midnight. I hoped she still wanted me.