Chapter 35: Auditions

Laura's POV:

Fuck shit

Shit

Shit

Is it possible to be this nervous? I feel like I'm going to explode.

"You ready?" My sister asks as she starts setting up the web cam.

So today I'm auditioning for NYU. I got lucky that my sister fit in a spot for live web auditions.

"I'm fucking shaking..." I stutter.

She chuckles "gosh Laura...you'll knock em' dead trust me!"

I roll my eyes as I say "well here it goes!"

I set my keyboard in front of the computer as I took a seat right in front of it.

I was wearing a black tank and some shorts while my hair was in a high pony.

Well hope they won't be expecting me with grand clothing!

"So you ready?" Vanessa asks again.

I awkwardly smile as I slowly nod.

She was about to press the 'accept call' button but I butted in again.

"WAIT!!! WILL THEY JUDGE ME? HOW DO I KNOW I I GOT IN?!?!" I exclaim.

Vanessa laughs as she says "first of all they won't judge you they'll send you a letter of you got in, second of all I've read on the web if all three judges smile they love you like LOVE because the judges are hard to please..."

I gasp as I say "ok I'm ready"

My heart is pounding so fast as adrenalin starts to kick in.

My sister clicks on the 'accept call button' as it loads.

Then boom.

"Hey! It's Laura right? Well we're the judges for the web facility for NYU. I hope you're ready!" A girl with dark red hair says.

There was her and a man with slick back black hair and another man with blonde hair.

They all wore business suits.

"Thanks for taking me! Well I guess I'm ready!" I smile as I grit my teeth.

Christ I'm fucking nervous.

"Alright but before that we need to ask you some basic questions Ms. Marano! " the man with blonde hair said as he plastered a smile.

"hope she's not like the rest of them" I hear the woman with red hair whispered as she rolls her eyes a bit.

Ok that motivated me a little more.

"Oh before we ask you these questions I'd like to ask for pardon. We did not introduce our selves! I'm James, she's Madison and he's Charles!" The man with slick black hair points out!

"Got it!" I say.

"So here Laura...Marano, your 5 basic questions. First... How old are you?" Madison asks.

"I'm 19 years old, just turned last November!" I say.

She smiles as James asks "out of all the schools why NYU?"

"I know you may have heard the typical 'this is my dream school crap' but in all honesty I've always wanted to go to NYU because first of all I'll be in the never sleeping city New York second of all I think this is the school that'll help me through my passion for music!" I say.

Woah that came out.

"Ms. Marano I love the fact you're not afraid to be yourself! We need that in NYU!" James says.