issue

My heart dropped. I shouldn't of told him that. I walked out looking down. Thoughts running through my head. I went home absolutely terrified.

"Where were you?" Emily asked the moment I walked in through the door.

I plopped down on the couch and covered my face with my hands.

"I fucked up again. This is all I'm good at today." I admitted.

"What did you do?"

"I went to the prison to see Jeremy. And I gave him that photo."

"Why would you go there!? Don't you remember!? He's a m-"

"Don't you call him a murderer." I cut her off.

"He killed 3 people Christopher."

"They were hurting him. Everyday he was getting molested. And he was already mentally ill. You heard the court case. You know what they did to him. I just hate that he felt like he couldn't of told me. And that I couldn't of been there to stop him. Cause I was at stupid college."

"Chris, I know you care about him. I know he's sick. But he killed his mom, dad, and uncle. He's dangerous. Why would you go there? Especially without telling anyone."

"Because he was my boyfriend. My first love. My bested friend in the whole fucking world. And I haven't seen him since he got locked away, cause I've been dreading the thought of seeing him in orange. And I know nobody goes to see him, he doesn't have anybody. And he was so happy to see me. Overjoyed to get the picture. But I think I pissed him off."

"How the hell did you piss him off Christopher?"

"He asked how I've been. And I said pretty decent. Told him about what happened earlier today. And then told him that I was gonna be a dad soon. I honestly thought he'd be happy for me."

"What did he say? What did he do?"

"He told me that he loved me and hung up the phone. He then crumbled up the picture, put it in his pocket, then walked away." She cupped her hands over her mouth. "I'm petrified Emily. His sentence is up in 16 years. If he gets out on parole, what will happen?"

"Nothing will happen Chris. Cause he's not getting out on parole. The jury wouldn't let him. And you know that."

"Please do me a favor and don't tell Alyssa about him and what he did. The most I want her to know about Jeremy is that he used to be my boyfriend. That's it. She knows I'm bisexual, so she wouldn't be surprised that I had a boyfriend."

"As long as you promise to not go back there."

"I promise."

I then went to my room. I got undressed and laid in bed.

I honestly don't think he killed them. I never have. But I can't tell anyone that.

They'd all think I'm insane. So I've had to lie about believing it since it happened. Cause it'd be me against everyone.

He never said he did, nor did he deny. They only relied on evidence. He stayed silent in the court case, but he has social anxiety. So that's why he wouldn't say anything.

I didn't see nor hear any cold heartedness in him today, nor have I ever. Yeah, he's been hurt a lot when we were younger.

But he wouldn't even hurt a fly. It was just easy to frame him since he was abused by them, is mentally ill, and because he's a black man.

I've been beating myself up ever since I learned that they abused him because I never learned it for myself. If I just would've known his parents and uncle would be behind bars.