Thursday Pt. 1

"Bre doesn't know where her father is. He's never been around." I said leaning against the counter.

"According to my investigator Bre has always had contact with her father. How do you think she had that expensive truck while we were in college? Once I got the info it all started to make sense."

"Why would they set you up like that, Brandon?" I asked hopping up on the counter so I could sit. "I understand Bre, but why would Will help her? Unless he just hates me that much that he didn't want us together."

"It was clear that Bre wanted me, but I never trusted her. I told you that."

"I just thought-I don't know. This is crazy. So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. What is there to do? Camille?" He asked walking up to me so that he was directly in front of me. "Where does all of this leave us?"

He was staring into my eyes trying to read me, but I couldn't allow him back in. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. All I saw were the times he would cuss me out and beat me making me feel like I was nothing. I pushed him back and jumped down from the counter.

"It's time for you to go. I can't do this right now." I said running my fingers through my hair, looking everywhere, but at him.

He licked his lips, nodding his head. "I'm sorry. For everything, Camille."

He followed me to the door after grabbing his things. It was awkwardly quiet and the atmosphere was heavy and tense.

"I'll call you so we can figure this out. About this tape situation, I mean."

"Okay. Umm, my counselor wanted me to ask if you'd come to a session with me. He said it'd help with my progress."

I frowned, "Um, sure. Just let me know."

"Can you go next Thursday at 2:00?"

"Y-yeah. Yeah. Just text me the place." I gave a faint smile.

"Goodnight. I love you, Camille." He said and walked away.

I wasn't a fighter, but I we going to be ready when I saw Bre. I really wanted to do some damage. She was married when that whole situation went down with them drugging Brandon and Bre raping him. I mean, that's what it was, rape. She slept with my husband before I did and gave me his first child. That was something that I was going to be able to let go. On top of that General was her father? For over ten years she's lied to me about having a relationship with her father. Unknown to me she had been keeping tabs on me for him. She couldn't have been serious about our friendship. I was just over everything.

Sunday after church Xavier was talking to Trent when I walked up to them after I finished talking to Ms. Geraldine. She had started coming to our church because she thought she'd benefit more there.

"...and we're meeting at 7:00, right?" Xavier asked Trent and he nodded his head.

"Hey, Pastor Reese. How are you?" I asked smiling at him.

"Sis. Grant." He acknowledged me. "Clark, I'll catch you later." He said and walked away.

"Really?" I asked. "He shouldn't act that way towards me in church." I said grabbing my bible so we could leave.

"He's hurt, Mimi. I know he should separate the two, but I don't know." He sighed. "Just give him space."

"Come on let's not talk about this here. Next thing you know it'll be all over that we were having an affair."

"You're having an affair with who?" Brandon asked from behind me. "Trenton." Brandon gave a head nod That Trent returned.

"Oh nothing." I shook my head. "Are we still on for Thursday?" I asked changing the subject.