Unbelief

I tried not to cry looking at him. I wanted to be strong because he protected me. After all of those years Brandon was the one who rescued me from General. He paid a price for a debt he didn't owe to protect me from a man who had haunted me for years. Pulling that trigger not only freed me, but it also enslaved me. I was tired and I had a hard time dealing with everything. It didn't matter what the circumstances were, taking a life took a toll on me emotionally. Bullets don't have names on them, but they sure knew how to find a body.

Justyce, Daniel and the kids came down once they were informed of everything. I was so thankful for Jus because the police investigation was brutal. I thought it would've been a simple open and shut case, but they were making it complicated. It didn't help my story that the tapes were no where around. It was only this lady detective who seemed to have it bad for me. I didn't know why, but from the first word she spoke I knew she was going to try to get me on murder charges. All evidence supported my story, except for the tapes. Even in death Cat screwed me because I still didn't have them.

"It's not your fault," Derrick said standing next to me.

"Everyone says it's not, but it is." I teared up, but wiped them away before they fell. "I did this to him. Can I just have a few minutes alone?"

"Sure. I'll be right out here if you need me." He hugged me and left me alone him.

It had been three, almost four weeks, since that day in the park. When Jus finally got down here she had Cat cremated. She didn't deserve a funeral. No one would've showed up anyway. As soon as the remains were given to us Jus gave me the honors putting them in the trash. She didn't have anything left that we could split. Financially, she was in really bad shape. We could only assume that she had gotten in bad with General again and let her greed lead to her death.

If I had a heaven or a hell to put them in, both Cat and General would be rotting in Hell together. When I pulled the trigger of that gun the bullet went straight into General's heart, killing him instantly. Before I fired the shot General ended up on top of Brandon and slammed his head into this boulder. The doctors told me that he had a traumatic brain injury and he was now in a coma. They couldn't give me a definite date as to when he would wake up.

"Brandon, I went to Allured today. I'm finally getting everything back up and running. I'm not planning any events yet, but at least I'm back. I'm just thankful Paige didn't ruin all of my hard work. Anyway, the church is still looking for a new pastor. Until they get a new one, it was agreed that Reverend Miles would be the interim pastor..."

That's what I did everyday. I stayed at the hospital and talking to Brandon. I would talk to him hoping he would answer, but I knew in my heart that he wasn't. I would pray over him, sing to him, go down memory lane and laugh. I wouldn't let many people come in the room because I knew how he liked his privacy. Everyone wanted me to go home and rest, but how could I? I was determined to be at that hospital everyday until he woke up.

"God, please heal Brandon. I am asking for your favor to be upon him. Touch him from the crown of his head to the soles of his feet. It is by your stripes that he will be healed. I declare that his body will function in the manner in which you designed. I thank you for the incredible staff that was placed here and I pray that you will continue to touch them, Lord as they work on him. I pray that they are alert, caring and attentive. You are the ultimate doctor and you have never lost a case. Please remove any feelings of doubt and mistrust. Your word says, 'all things are possible to those who believe', Lord, I believe, but help my unbelief. I thank you and praise you in advance for his healing. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."

After my prayer I let Derrick back in along with Trent. He had been a huge help throughout the entire ordeal especially when Jus had to go back to Cali. Derrick and Trent were man enough to put aside their differences to be there for me.

"How you holding up, Mimi?" Trent asked sitting on the couch holding a bag of M&Ms.

"I'm doing. I just want him to wake up. I-" I paused and took a deep breath to keep from crying. "I keep praying and praying. That's all I can do. It's either pray or go crazy."

"We all are praying for him. He's going to wake up, Cam." Derrick said patting my hand.

"You're amazing because even after everything he did to you, you still mange to be here for him, to pray for him." Trent said looking at me intently. "Why do you even care?" He asked me.

I shrugged and bit my lip. "It has to be the God in me. No matter how hard I try I can't do dirt for dirt. My heart isn't set up that way."

******************************************
Y'all did not have to be that happy that Cat died! I gave y'all what you asked for General is dead (Pow!) and Camille didn't shoot Brandon. Those tapes...where dey at doe? 👀👀

@natasha17harris gets the shout out! Thanks for reading, supporting and voting. I really appreciate you!

As always thanks for reading, loves!

***VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE***