Nagging Feeling

It had been a while since the counseling session and I had been in a much better place. On top of that it was My favorite time
Of year, Christmas. I was excited because Jus and the family were coming down to see me. I missed my sister so much and I couldn't wait to see her.

I had been spending some time with Peyton lately. Both Derrick and Brandon thought it would be good for her to be around a woman since her mammy abandoned her. I had just finished shopping with Peyton when Brandon called and asked me if I wanted to go on a tour of lights. I didn't see anything wrong with it so I told him to being a stroller for Tink and we would meet at the starting point.

"How long do you think she'll last?" He asked strapping her in.

"I'm not sure. We've had a pretty busy day. Ain't that right, Tink?" I asked her fixing her beanie on her head.

"Right." She said looking up at Brandon pointing at a lit up ice sculpture.

We were only there for about fifteen minutes when we realized that she was sleeping.

"Well I guess you tired her out." He laughed looking at her sleep with her thumb in her mouth. "Listen. You can hear her snoring."

"Stop it. She is not. Baby had a long day. I'm sure I'm going to be just like that when I get home." I laughed.

We finished the tour and I decided that I was going to head home because I had a Christmas event that I needed to work on. It was Brandon's time with Tink so he took her from there.

On the drive home I got a call from Xavier and I was hesitant to answer it. He had made it perfectly clear that we had nothing to talk about. I answered it and he wanted to meet at IHOP because he wanted to talk to me. I wasn't sure how this was going to go so I tried to mentally prepare myself as much as possible.

"Hey." He said coming to the booth that I had gotten for us.

"Hey." I smiled. "So what's up?"

"Straight to the point huh?" We laughed.

"I mean we haven't talked outside of church in a while and you just hit me up for this meeting. I'm curious."I shrugged.

The waitress took our orders. I already knew that I was getting the steak omelette with strawberry cheesecake pancakes. I got the same thing whenever I went there.

"First, I want to apologize for my behavior. I was wrong to treat you that way after we already established that you were married. I was hurt. I figured I'd rather have you as a friend than not to have you at all. Not only as a man of God, but as a man I put myself in a dangerous position. I just needed to step away from the fire before I was consumed."

"I understand." I nodded my head. "I apologize for putting you in a position like that. Once I knew our friendship was progressing I should've stepped away and regrouped. I was falling for you and that couldn't have happened."

"So, can we be friends now? Like real friends with no hidden agendas or strings?" He asked smiling.

"Yes. I missed my friend. Plus I was tired of calling you Pastor Reese or having Trent kick me out if he was doing something involving you." I laughed and took a sip of my water.

"I missed you too. Zay is back." He said picking his phone up off of the table.

"So is Cam. Let's take a friend selfie." I said excited going to his side of the booth.

"Here you do it." He gave me his Note 4 and I snapped a few pictures of us.

We ate we laughed and caught up on what was happening during the time we weren't talking. It was pretty late when we decided we were leaving. He walked me to my car, opening my door for me to get in. He waited for me to pull off before he went to get in his truck.