Chapter 17: Mother

Chapter 17: Mother

The omega sighed while reading a boring random magazine in Jungkook's office. It's been an hour since he woke up and the guards weren't letting him leave because that's what the Alpha told them. He can't do anything because they said they might get fired.

He found some interesting in the magazine but he knew he can't afford to buy them. Suddenly, he heard the door of the office was opened. He immediately looked at it thinking it was Jungkook but instead, it was a woman Alpha who seems to be in her 50s.

"Who are you?" The woman Alpha inquired, looking at him or more likely, scanning him.

"Uh, I'm Kim Taehyung, ma'am." Taehyung stood up from his seat and bowed at her for some reason

"What are you doing here?" The woman Alpha asked him.

"I—"

"Ma'am Denise, it would be better not to bombard him with a question. I don't think Mr. Jeon would like it if he finds out you are making his omega uncomfortable."

The guard suddenly interrupted them making Taehyung sigh in relief knowing he don't know what he should answer her. And the door was opened once again, it was Jungkook this time.

"What are you doing here, Ma?" Jungkook asked with a serious face.

"I'm here to talk with you, obviously." Denise, Jungkook's mother responded.

"Then make it fast, I have to do something important." Jungkook replied rubbing the back of his neck.

Denise glanced at Taehyung who immediately understand what she mean by her glances.

"Uh, I think I should go now, Mr. Jeon. I don't want to interrupt both of you." Taehyung uttered, gulping.

Jungkook looked at him and Taehyung tried to maintain his posture.

"Don't worry, pup, you can stay here for a while and it's not that important. I have to talk with you too." Jungkook smiled at him.

"It's important, Jungkook." Denise remarked.

"You still can tell to me, he's my omega so I'm sure he won't make a fuss about it." Jungkook said looking back at Denise.

"Fine." Denise sighed in defeat.

Taehyung just sat down on the couch and decided to mind his own business.

"You can start now." Jungkook uttered sitting down on his swivel chair.

Denise sat down on the chair in front of him before she speak.

"Did you remember Kim Yana? Your childhood friend?" Denise asked.

"Yeah, what's about her?" Jungkook replied while signing on the bunch of files on his desk.

"She's back here, she finally finished her studies and also became CEO of her own company." Denise sounds enthusiastic.

"And so?" Jungkook responded with a hint of boredom in his tone.

"Why don't you go and see her? You should have a reunion with her. It's been a while since you two met. I'm sure she will be surprised to see how tall you are and you will surely like her beauty right now." Denise stated excitedly.

"I don't think I can do that, I'm busy. My schedule was packed for this year.  I don't have any free time to have fun with her." Jungkook retorted.

"Come on, son, you two should get along nowadays. I don't want the two of you to get awkward just because you two got separated for so long. Don't you miss her?" Denise uttered.

"No" Jungkook was quick to reply without any hesitation.

"At least try to communicate with her. I already missed seeing the two of you together. I'm sure you two will have fun." Denise attempted to make them have time together.

"I'm sorry, mom. I really can't, even if I want to, I don't have time to spare with her. I don't want to get stuck with a lot of work to finish just to have fun with her. I have a lot of projects to finish." Jungkook explained.

"Fine, but this makes me sad. I hope you two will see each other again. Just tell me if you are willing to see her, and I'll arrange the place for the two of you." Denise giggled.

Jungkook simply hums in response and Denise stood up.

"I have to go now, I'll talk to her and tell her about this. See you again, son." Denise smiled.

She walked away, glancing at Taehyung who acts as if he can't feel her presence.

"Pup, how are you? Are you okay?" Jungkook suddenly asked going in front of him and kneeling down.

"Ahm, I'm fine now. Thank you for helping me." Taehyung softly smiled.

"I'm glad to hear that, next time please take an absence if you are not feeling well. See what happened to you." Jungkook told him.

"I'm sorry, I thought I will be fine. I guess it might be because of stress and trauma last night." Taehyung mumbled.

"If you are worried because of what happened last night, please trust me, nothing will happen like that again, okay?" Jungkook stated.

"I trust you, Jungkook." Taehyung muttered.

"That's good, should we go eat outside then? You must be hungry." Jungkook changed the topic.

"But aren't you busy? You declined your mother's offer earlier." Taehyung uttered.

"Who said I'm busy? I told you, I'm always free for you. So, let's go now?" Jungkook said standing up from his kneeling position.

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother you, Jungkook. I am not that hungry so it's okay if I don't eat. You should eat if you are hungry." Taehyung told him.

"I don't like eating alone, so let's go now, pup." Jungkook said and held his hand.

"But Jungkook—"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence when Jungkook drag him out of the office. He was kind of worried because his lunchtime already ended and his work was about to start now.

"I had to do my work, Koo." Taehyung said.

"Don't worry about it, pup, I already excused you from your work. They wouldn't mind if you were gone for now. They knew that you're not feeling well so everything is okay, hm." Jungkook replied and let him get inside the elevator.

Taehyung sighed in defeat and went inside the elevator followed by Jungkook.