Chapter 25: Confusion

Taehyung woke up from his deep slumber, his head felt heavy for some unbeknownst reason. He can't help but wonder what happened last night, he can't remember anything. It felt like he got amnesia for some unbeknownst reason.

“How are you, pup?”

He looked to his right side and saw Jungkook was there, arranging the meal on the round table in his room.

“I-I'm fine, what happened?” Taehyung asked and sat up on the bed.

“Don't think about it, I'll fix it.” Jungkook told him.

“Why? Is there someone who wants me dead?” Taehyung inquired with an obvious fright in his tone.

Jungkook cupped his cheeks and made him look at him.

“That's not it, pup, don't think something like that. That's ridiculous, even if there's someone who wants you dead, that's not going to happen, I'm right here, protecting you, okay?” Jungkook assured him, soothing him by caressing his cheeks.

Taehyung nodded his head and Jungkook pecked his forehead

“Should we go outside, so you won't feel bored? I think the weather is fine today.” Jungkook asked the omega.

“Aren't we going to work? It's still weekdays.” Taehyung responded by asking a question.

“You are excused right now, I don't think you should go to work after what happened to you. It's better if you take a rest.” Jungkook stated.

“I think I'm fine, I can still work.” Taehyung uttered.

“Pup, I want you to take a rest, it's not a bad thing to do. Please, listen to me, okay.” Jungkook said and looked at him.

“Okay” Taehyung sighed in defeat.

“You should get prepared now, we will go outside to hang out together, hm.” Jungkook told him and ruffled his hair.

Taehyung hummed in response and stood up from the bed. He went inside the restroom while Jungkook contacted someone.

“What happened? Is he okay?” Jin asked him on the phone.

“Yeah, luckily, there seemed to be no side effects of the sleeping drug. He looks fine.” Jungkook responded.

“That's good, I thought he might experience some sort of serious illness. After all, we don't know what kind of sleeping drug he got. Make sure to keep an eye on him and tell me immediately if you notice something wrong with him.” Jin stated.

“Okay, thank you.” Jungkook sighed and ended the call.

Later on, Taehyung was already done taking a shower. He is currently looking for the Alpha in his cabin.

“Are you done now?” Jungkook asked who was in the kitchen.

“Yes, we can go now.” Taehyung smiled in response.

“Let's go now, then.” Jungkook held his right hand, and they went out of the cabin.

The Alpha opened the door of the car for him and let him sit first. Jungkook followed him and sat down in the driver's seat.

“Where are we going?” Taehyung asked after buckling the seatbelt.

“My friend just opened a restaurant, we should go there because I'm sure we will get delicious food. And maybe, later that, we can go somewhere you like, so you can have some fun.” Jungkook replied and started to drive.

“Okay” Taehyung muttered.

They later arrived at the restaurant after 30 minutes of driving. Jungkook came out first to open the door of the car for him and helped him go out.

“Oh, it looks fancy.” Taehyung said, noticing how huge and beautiful the design of the restaurant was on the outside.

“Yeah, he's a genius and skilled when it comes to cooking, so I'm sure his restaurant will be very successful too.” Jungkook responded and held the omega on his waist.

“That's cool” Taehyung giggled.

“We should get inside now before it gets crowded.” Jungkook uttered and Taehyung nodded his head.

They went inside the restaurant, and it seemed it already peaked its popularity because there were so many people.

“Jungkook, what are you doing here?”

Taehyung was sure he was familiar with this person's face. He knew he had seen him before.

“I'm here to see the progress of your restaurant, Yoongi Hyung.” Jungkook replied.

Oh, right, he's the person who he saw in Jungkook's company. He was surprised to find out that he also owned a restaurant.

“Then, why do you have to bring your cute mate here?” Yoongi grinned.

Mate?

What does he mean by mate?

Jungkook isn't his mate, right?

He was sure that Jungkook wasn't the person who fated one for him. Or maybe, he's wrong?

Could be, that's the reason Jungkook was so caring and protective of him.

“To date him, of course, what else could it be?” Jungkook sneered.

Taehyung was confused, why Jungkook seemed to be confident?

He can't tell whether Jungkook is acting or not. But he found it weird that Jungkook claimed him as his mate.

“Hi, I'm Min Yoongi, you've probably met me before in Jungkook's company, right?” Yoongi introduced himself to Taehyung.

“Yeah, I quite remembered you.” Taehyung awkwardly smiled.

“You two should take a seat, my staff will come right away to take your orders. I won't be able to accompany you right now because my restaurant is so busy.” Yoongi told him.

“It's okay, Hyung. We're here to eat and later will leave to have some fun.” Jungkook retorted.

“Okay, have fun with your date.” Yoongi walked away to check the circumstances in his restaurant.

“Come on, pup.” Jungkook patted Taehyung's back, motioning him to follow him.

Taehyung listened to him and they both went to the empty table. Jungkook pulled out the chair for Taehyung, and Taehyung gladly accepted it.

“Jungkookie” Taehyung called the Alpha.

“Yes?” Jungkook responded and looked at him.

“Why did that guy mention me as your mate? I think it was a mistake because you are not my mate, Jungkook.” Taehyung uttered.

So, Jungkook's assumption was right all along. Taehyung doesn't know that they are mates. He noticed it the first time they met, he was trying to show a hint to Taehyung, but it seemed Taehyung couldn't understand it or more likely can't feel the connection between them.