Chapter 22: Offer

Chapter 22: Offer

Taehyung just finished his shift late, it was already 11:45 pm. He was exhausted and relieved because of his work. He was walking out of the company while massaging the back of his neck.

"Hi"

He flinched when an old rich man stood in front of him.

"Ahm, hello." Taehyung bowed his head.

"You're Jungkook's partner, right? I'm here to ask a favor of you. I'm Nathan, by the way." Nathan introduced himself.

"I'm not Mr. Jeon's partner but what favor do you mean?" Taehyung asked.

"What do you mean you're not Jungkook's partner? You are definitely his secret spouse, right?" Nathan smiled.

"Uh, actually, I'm not his spouse. I'm just his employee." Taehyung clarified.

"Oh come on, you don't need to worry about it, your secret is safe to me. Besides, you don't have to hide your secret, everyone knows that you are his spouse. Rumors and news spread fast." Nathan chuckled.

"I think there is a misunderstanding about what happened earlier. I'm not his spouse or something special. If you don't want to believe I'm his employee, okay then, I'm a friend to him." Taehyung stated.

"Hahaha, a friend? You're an omega, there's no way he will befriend you. Everyone knows that he doesn't like omega and I would rather believe that you are his spouse than his friend. So stop playing with me." Nathan laughed fakely.

"Well, it's up to you if you don't want to believe and please there's nothing wrong if he befriends an omega." Taehyung retorted, sighing.

"Let's change the topic instead, my real intention to you was to help me to make Mr. Jeon approve my offer. I've been asking for his approval but he keeps on rejecting them. So, I was hoping you can help me?" Nathan smiled again.

"I'm sorry but I don't think I can help you with that. Mr. Jeon must have a reason why he keeps rejecting your offer. And I'm just a friend to him." Taehyung said frustratedly because this man kept bugging him.

"That's why I'm asking a favor because I'm sure he won't say no or reject you. You are his spouse after all. If you accept my favor, I will make sure to pay you any amount you want." Nathan winked at him.

"I'm not someone special to him so don't expect that he won't reject me. How many times do I have to tell you, Mr. Nathan, that I'm. Not. His. Spouse." Taehyung tried to explain again but it seems Nathan's ears were automatically blocking whatever he was saying.

"Come on, I—"

Suddenly, a black car arrived, and Taehyung saw Jungkook come out of the car. He's wearing a white thin V-neck shirt with a pocket on the right chest and ripped-tight jeans paired with his black timberland. It seems like he already went to his house and changed his clothes.

"Taehyung, what you took so long? I kept texting and calling you but you're not answering your phone. I'm waiting for you in the cabin but you didn't come."

That's what Jungkook said while coming in front of him totally ignoring the fact that the omega was talking with someone. And Taehyung was slightly taken aback because Jungkook called him without an honorific.

"Huh? Oh, uh, my phone is off so no one will bother me while I'm working. I'm sorry." Taehyung replied, swallowing hard.

"You shouldn't do that, you are making me worry." Jungkook sighed, pushing his hair to the back.

"I'm sorry, that won't happen again." Taehyung uttered, nibbling his bottom lip.

"It's okay as long as it won't happen again, should we get going now?" Jungkook changed the topic.

Taehyung nodded his head in response.

"Mr. Jeon, it's nice to see you."

Jungkook looked back when he heard someone speak behind him.

"Who are you?" Jungkook simply asked with a hint of boredom in his tone

"Hahaha, silly you, Mr. Jeon, it's me, Nathan. Nothing changed to you, you still often forget people's names." Nathan chuckled.

"Do I know you?" Jungkook inquired, glaring at the old man.

"Well, yes, Mr. Jeon, I'm the person who's offering you the project in Daegu, do you quite remember now?" Nathan said while his eyes lightened up.

"Didn't I tell you that I won't accept any offer from you? I told you, I'm not interested in any of your offers." Jungkook retorted.

"Don't be like that, Mr. Jeon, you see, your spouse already agree to help me to make you agree to my offer. Will you reject your own spouse?" Nathan smirked as if he won the lottery.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung who was surprised at how Nathan set him up.

"I did—"

"I'm pretty sure you love your spouse, Mr. Jeon, there's no way you will reject him, right? Besides, it seems like your spouse doesn't want to reveal that secret so I can keep my mouth shut to hide that secret." Nathan grinned.

"What secret are you talking about?" Jungkook asked.

"That he's your spouse, you know me, Mr. Jeon, I am a man of my word, so once I tell you that I will keep this secret, I will." Nathan smiles.

"I don't think you understand, everyone knows that he's my spouse. There's no secret anymore, you can tell that to anyone if you want to. But that's not my fault if you become a fool for them." Jungkook snickered.

Taehyung was surprised to hear that. Was Jungkook playing along with Nathan?

"You wasted the time that I was supposed to spend with my spouse. Next time, don't show your face to me if you don't want me to take down your company." Jungkook warned him.

Jungkook dragged the omega along with him, leaving the old rich man frozen in his place.

Jungkook opened the door car for Taehyung who wants to ask a lot of questions to him but he decided to shut his mouth for now. He will ask Jungkook once they arrived in the cabin.